Tenure Track Researcher in Thermal Engineering of Industrial Energy Systems, heat pumps and energy storage, in the Department of Mechanical Engineering DTU, Technical University of Denmark
Deadline to Apply
May 20, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|Position||Tenure Track Researcher|
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Thermal Engineering |
– Heat pumps
– Energy storage
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Department of Mechanical Engineering|
Technical University of Denmark
|Contract Period||1 Year|
|Starting date||Not specified|
As formal qualification you must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent).
- Research experience
- Experience and quality of teaching
- Research vision and potential
- International impact and experience
- Societal impact
- Innovativeness, including commercialization and collaboration with industry
- Leadership, collaboration, and interdisciplinary skills
- Communication skills
Responsibilities/ Job Description
The position will include modeling and optimization in the fields of
- Electrification of the industrial energy systems
- Heat pumps for district heating
- Industrial heat pumps
- Energy storage
- Integration of renewable energy in industrial energy systems
- Industrial process integration
- Novel cycles and components
The work will be based on numerical modeling and simulation of components, cycles and systems and experiments carried out in laboratory and at industrial facilities. To cover these tasks we expect the candidate to have a strong profile in applied thermal engineering based on a mechanical engineering background. You may have experience with modeling, design, conceptualization and prototyping of thermal system components and an insight into the assessment of the thermophysical properties of materials and evaluation of their corrosion behavior. Your tasks will include contributions to the international collaboration under the International Energy Agency. The tasks will also include development of novel research proposals in collaboration with partners in academia and industry.
You must contribute to the teaching of courses. You will be expected to learn Danish and be able to teach in Danish after 3 years. DTU can provide Danish language courses.
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file
- Application (cover letter)
- Vision for teaching and research for the tenure track period
- CV including employment history, list of publications, H-index and ORCID (see http://orcid.org/)
- Teaching portfolio including documentation of teaching experience
- Academic Diplomas (MSc/PhD)
About Tenure Track program
The position is part of DTU’s Tenure Track program. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and academic freedom tempered by responsibility. We develop talent by offering a career mentor, state-of-the-art research infrastructure, and postgraduate teacher training. DTU’s Tenure Track is an appointment of at most six years, during which you will receive career support in the form of professional and personal guidance. At the end of the tenure track appointment you will be evaluated by an external assessment committee, who will assess your appointment to a permanent Senior Researcher position. Read more about the DTU Tenure Track program at DTU at this homepage.
About DTU Mechanical Engineering
DTU Mechanical Engineering covers the fundamental engineering disciplines within Solid mechanics, Fluid mechanics, Coastal and Maritime Engineering, Energy systems and energy conversion, Materials and Surface Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Engineering design and Product development. The department has a scientific staff of about 135 persons, 100 PhD students and a technical/administrative support staff of about 80 persons.
- The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The salary for the position will be determined by the applicants qualifications and in agreement with the relevant union.
- Further information on qualification requirements and job content may be found in the Ministerial Order on Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities.
- If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
Professor Brian Elmegaard
Tel.: +45 4525 4169.
Post expires at 8:59am on Friday May 21st, 2021 (GMT+9)