Aquatic ecology – Tenure Track Researcher jobs to work on projects studying behaviour and population dynamics of diadromous fish species, e.g. European eel, salmon and seatrout, supporting the existing management of the species, Section for Freshwater Fisheries and Ecology, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
Apr 15, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|Position||Tenure Track Researcher|
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||Population dynamics, Aquatic ecology|
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Section for Freshwater Fisheries and Ecology|
Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
|Contract Period||6 Years|
PhD in a relevant field, e.g. population dynamics or ecological modelling.
- Academic record in terms of publications in relevant fields and high-impact journals.
- Excellent skills in English.
- Experience in advice and management of diadromous fish species.
- Familiarity with recreational and commercial fishing and the Danish language.
- Experience with planning and execution of fieldwork.
- Experience using various telemetry tools to study fish behaviour, including planning and deployment of large-scale telemetry arrays in marine areas.
- Proficiency in statistical analyses and modelling of behavioural data.
- Proven experience with dissemination of scientific results to academic groups and the public.
- Strong communication skills with stakeholders.
- The ability to expand the department’s research of diadromous fish in marine areas.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
The candidate will primarily work on projects studying behaviour and population dynamics of diadromous fish species, e.g. European eel, salmon and seatrout, supporting the existing management of the species.
Development of new research projects in collaboration with colleagues at the sections and/or international partners as well as publication of papers in peer reviewed scientific journals is expected. The ideal candidate can refine and further develop the telemetry methods and designs used at the department with particular focus on marine areas.
The successful candidate should have a strong ecological background, preferably with experience in aquatic ecology. Besides strong ecological knowledge in these areas, the candidate should be proficient and experienced in population dynamics and behavior of fishes. Analytical skills and experience with statistical software (e.g. R, MatLab, Python) are expected as is experience in planning and execution of fieldwork. Experience with various telemetry methodologies to study fish behavior (e.g. radio, pit and acoustic) is warranted. Experience with planning and deploying large-scale telemetry systems in marine areas is advantageous.
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file.
- Application (cover letter)
- Vision for teaching and research for the tenure track period
- CV including employment history, list of publications, H-index and ORCID (see http://orcid.org/)
- Teaching portfolio including documentation of teaching experience
- Academic Diplomas (MSc/PhD)
- Names, e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers for academic references/ recommendation letters
About the Lab
The purpose of DTU Aqua is to provide research, advice and education at the highest international level within the sustainable exploitation of living marine and freshwater resources, the biology of aquatic organisms and the dynamics of ecosystems as well as their integration in ecosystem-based management. DTU Aqua has 350 employees, of whom a third are scientific staff. The institute is organised into nine scientific sections that carry out the research, educational and advisory activities. In addition, the institute has a number of scientific and administrative support functions, including the research vessel DANA. DTU Aqua has employees in Lyngby, Hirtshals, Silkeborg, Nykøbing Mors as well as on Dana.
- The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The salary for the position will be determined by the applicants qualifications and in agreement with the relevant union.
- Further information on qualification requirements and job content may be found in the Ministerial Order on Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities.
- If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
- Interviews are planned to take place on 7th and 8th of June 2021.
Professor Anders Koed
Phone: +45 3588 3146
Post expires at 8:59am on Friday April 16th, 2021 (GMT+9)