Postdoc position in the Department of Biomedicine and the Steno Diabetes Center Aarhus (SDCA) at Faculty of Health at Aarhus University, Denmark
RNA Biology and Bioinformatics jobs – Postdoctoral fellowship at the Center for RNA Medicine, Department of Clinical Medicine, Aalborg University, Denmark
2 PhD Scholarships in Mammalian nuclear RNA, Genetics, at Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Graduate School of Natural Sciences, Aarhus University, Denmark (Molecular Biology PhD Programs)
Deadline to Apply
May 01, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||2|
|Research Area||– Mammalian nuclear RNA|
|Scholarship||According to Standard Norms|
|Workplace||Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics|
Aarhus University, C.F. Møllers Alle 3, Bldg. 1130
DK-8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
|Contract Period||Not specified|
How to Apply?
To access the application form, click the apply now link above
Fill in the following information
- Personal information
- Academic background
- Financing (if any)
- Study: In the dropdown menu you must choose the above-mentioned project you interested
- for example “Mammalian nuclear RNA turnover systems”
- Source (how you found out about the call)
- Please mention that “nViews Career”
Next to some of the information fields you will find a number. Click on the number to get further directions on how to fill in the information field/what information is needed.
- One reference (template for references)
- Curriculum vitae,
- Motivation (max. 1 page)
- Transcripts, grade point averages (weighted and unweighted), and diploma(s) for both Bachelor’s and Master’s degree. If the original documents are not in English or one of the Scandinavian languages (i.e. Norwegian, Swedish or Danish) then copies of the original documents as well as a certified English translation must be attached.
- Project description (½-4 pages). For technical reasons, you must upload a project description. When – as here – you apply for a specific project, please simply copy the project description above, and upload it as a PDF in the application. If you wish to, you can add to this description and you can indicate an URL where further information can be found. Please note that we reserve the right to remove scientific papers, large reports, theses and the like.
- Documentation of language skills if required.
Documentation of language skills
The English language requirement at the graduate school is comparable to an “English B level” in the Danish upper secondary school (“gymnasium”).
English language qualifications comparable to an “English B level” are documented by one of the following tests:
- TOEFL test (internet-based), minimum score: 83. The graduate school does not accept the paper-based test, nor the TOEFL ITP test. Remember to ask the test center to send your test results to Aarhus University in order to enable verification of your test results. Aarhus University’s TOEFL code is 8935.
Currently, the TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition test (available in selected areas) will also be accepted.
- IELTS (academic) test, minimum average score: 6.5 points
- Cambridge English Language Assessment:
Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency (CPE)
Cambridge English: Certificate of Advanced English with grade A,B or C (CAE)
Cambridge English: First Certificate with grade A (FCE)
When to take the test and how to upload the documentation:
The test result must not be more than two years old at the time of application.
The English language test should be taken before applying for admission and uploaded under “language skills documentation” in the online application form.
- Please be aware that you cannot submit the application if one or several of these documents have not been uploaded.
- If you wish to upload more than one document under each section, you must scan/merge all documents into one large PDF file and upload this. Please note that we reserve the right to remove scientific papers, large reports, theses and the like. Instead you can indicate a URL where the information is available.
- All information in the application must be in English or Danish, preferably English. A certified English translation is required for documents written in languages other than English or one of the Scandinavian languages (i.e. Norwegian, Swedish or Danish) languages.
- As a minimum all applications must include (pdf-files only, max. 20 MB, no zip):
- Check out more details at the project advertisement (Molecular Biology and Genetics PhD Programs)
Post expires at 8:59am on Sunday May 2nd, 2021 (GMT+9)