Senior Researcher Position within Inorganic Chemistry is available at DTU Chemistry, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
Jun 04, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|Position||Senior Researcher Position|
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Inorganic Chemistry|
|Salary||According to standard norms|
Technical University of Denmark
|Contract Period||3 Year|
|Starting date||Not Specified|
You will be assessed against the responsibilities and qualifications stated above and the following general criteria:
- Relevant research background
- Research output and impact
- International experience
- Funding records
- Innovation experience, including collaboration with industry
- Experience with occupational health and safety
- Communication and personal skills
Responsibilities/ Job Description
You will play a key role in:
- The synthesis, characterization and catalytic tests of novel nanostructured materials with high surface area, ordered porosity and supported active metal sites.
- The research in heterogeneous catalysts that can facilitate the production of energy, fuels and chemicals and mitigate the emission of harmful greenhouse gases.
- The development of advanced operando tools to identify active sites and understand reaction mechanisms to guide the design of more efficient catalysts for C1 chemistry, such as CO2 and CH4 conversion.
- Innovation and collaboration with international and industrial research partners.
- The education of chemical engineers at DTU.
- The occupational health and safety organization.
You are expected to participate in teaching at the BEng, BSc, MSc, and PhD levels. You will be expected to learn Danish and be able to teach in Danish after 3 years. DTU can provide Danish language courses.
How to Apply?
To apply, please click APPLY ONLINE button mentioned above.
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter) addressed to the Head of Department
- CV including employment history, list of publications indicating scientific highlights, H-index and ORCID (see http://orcid.org/)
- Academic Diplomas (MSc/PhD)
About the Department
We are among the internationally leading departments of chemistry within several topics under the main areas: physical chemistry, inorganic chemistry, and organic chemistry. We are responsible for research-based teaching at the BSc, MSc, as well as PhD level. We actively support career paths through talent management, and we culture internal collaboration between scientists and scientific disciplines. The department has 150 employees
- All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
- You will get a rewarding and challenging job in an international research environment. The position offers academic freedom in an ambitious department with recognized academic excellence, innovation, and education within advanced and applied chemistry.
- Your track record proves your strong research background, your international experience, and your ability to attract external funding. Competence within occupational health and safety is also a requirement.
Head of Section, Professor Jens Ø. Duus
Tel.: +45 4525 2451/+45 2083 5207.
Post expires at 8:59am on Saturday June 5th, 2021 (GMT+9)