4 Tenure Track Positions – Associate and Assistant Professor jobs in Science journalism, Intellectual property, Future studies at Moon Soul Graduate School of Future Strategy, KAIST, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, South Korea
Deadline to Apply
May 07, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +9)
|Position||Tenure Track Positions|
(Associate and Assistant professor)
|No. of Position(s)||4|
|Research Area||– Science journalism|
– Intellectual property
– Futures studies
|Salary||According to KAIST regulations|
|Workplace||Moon Soul Graduate School of Future Strategy|
Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST)
Daejeon, South Korea
|Contract Period||Not specified|
Applicants must have a Ph.D. or should be expecting to achieve one before the appointment.
- Since we seek for applicants enthusiastic about working in the evolving multidisciplinary environment of KAIST, preference will be given to candidates who show strong interest in building interdisciplinary collaborative research teams
- Female and foreign applicants (female and foreign recruitment preferentially given the same score)
Responsibilities/ Job Description
Tenure track faculty in the Moon Soul Graduate School of Future Strategy, KAIST is expected to teach six credits per year in the graduate level and classes are held on the Daejeon or Seoul campus depending on the course. Advising master’s and doctoral students is mandatory.
The Moon Soul Graduate School of Future Strategy at Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) invites applications for FOUR tenure track faculty positions at Assistant and Associate levels in the areas related to
- Science journalism (e.g., computational journalism, emerging media and AI, environmental communication, risk communication, media law & policy, etc.)
- Intellectual property (e.g., patents, digital copyrights, IP finance, IP strategy, IP data analytics, technology & law, etc.)
- Futures studies (foresight, strategy governance, climate change, economics, social welfare, etc.).
Specialties are not limited to the examples above.
How to Apply?
Click the Send Email button mentioned above
- Application form for full-time faculty appointment (prescribed form)
- Summary of major achievements, lecture plan, research plan
- Academic Research Performance
- Resume (CV)
- Consent to collection and use of personal information
- 3 letters of recommendation
The KAIST Moon Soul Graduate School of Future Strategy has one doctoral program, three master’s programs (Science Journalism, Intellectual Property, and Future Studies), and one undergraduate minor program. The School was donated $25 million gifts from the Jung Moon Soul foundation to create a better future by supporting research and education.
- Document screening
- In-depth review
- Department seminar and department faculty personnel deliberation deliberation
- Deliberation by the College Faculty Personnel Deliberation Council and interviews with the assigned staff or the Faculty Personnel Committee deliberation
* Limited to successful applicants at each stage, successful applicants will be contacted individually
Graduate School of Future Strategy
Phone: +82 042-350-4022
[전임직 교원] KAIST 문술미래전략대학원 전임직 교원 초빙 공고
KAIST Graduate School of Literature Future Strategy Announcement of Inviting Full-time Faculty