Fully funded M.S./Ph.D. Scholarships in Korea at GIST, South Korea for all international students 2021 (Fall Semester)
Table of contents
|Semester||Fall Semester (Starting from September)|
|Application Deadline||April 15, 2021|
|Documents Review||30 days|
|Notification of results||Mid-June|
Details of Scholarships in Korea
Tuition Assistance (All students)
- Tuition fully supported: 3,415,000 won per semester
※ The one-time matriculation fee of 680,000 won is charged to all newly admitted students to be enrolled. Some students may be exempt from this fee. If a student submits a letter of recommendation for a matriculation fee waiver from the dean/head of your department/college, you may be eligible for a fee waiver.
Monthly Stipends (All International Students)
- Student allowance: 140,000 won per month for M.S. students, 295,000 won per month for Ph.D. students
- Meal allowance: nearly 100,000 won per month※Students should have completed at least 9 credits in the previous semester for the above two.
- International student allowance: 120,000 won per month※ GPA of 3.0 or higher (out of 4.5) in the previous semester
(All students participating in research projects)
Average as of 2019
- 4,785,384 won per year of M.S.
- 12,263,262 won per year of Ph.D
Housing (All Students)
- Apartment for Married Students: Two bedroom apartment
Health Insurance (All International Students)
- 60% of the private health insurance is supported.
※Other options may exist.
- Annual medical checkup
Flight Reimbursement (All Incoming International Students)
- Reimbursement for a one-way flight to Korea
※For the first time use only.
- Online application
- Official degree and transcript
- Two letters of recommendation
- A copy of the applicant’s passport
- Official English Test Score Report (The validity date must not be expired)
[TOEFL(iBT) – 80; TOEFL(PBT) – 550; IELTS – 6.5; TOEIC – 750; New TEPS – 327]
How to Apply for Scholarships in Korea
Check out the application guidelines before apply
Section of Graduate Admissions
Unit 323, GIST College A, 123 Cheomdangwagiro
Bukgu, Gwangju, 61005, Republic of Korea
Post expires at 11:59pm on Thursday April 15th, 2021 (GMT+9)