Research fellow jobs in Theoretical Particle Physics and machine learning, deep learning, quantum computing, at Quantum Universe Center, Korea Institute for Advanced Study (KIAS), South Korea
Deadline to Apply
June 01, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +9)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Theoretical Particle Physics|
– Machine learning
– Deep learning
– Quantum computing
|According to Standard Norms|
|Workplace||Quantum Universe Center|
Korea Institute for Advanced Study (KIAS)
|Contract Period||1 Year|
|Starting date||September 1, 2021|
Doctoral degree in relevant research fields.
Theoretical Particle Physics and related areas (including the research areas where machine learning, deep learning, quantum computing can be applied)
Responsibilities/ Job Description
Related to research areas
How to Apply?
Through online (Please find the “APPLY” button in the bottom of the advertisement page after you are redirected from here by clicking the above ‘apply now’ button)
- Curriculum vitae
- Publication list
- Research statement
- Reference letters from 3 referees
- Note that referees are required to directly upload their reference letters via the KIAS recruitment webpage. Alternatively, referees can also submit their reference letters via email (email@example.com).
- To avoid the conflict of interest, KIAS professors cannot serve as referees
Step:1 Initial Screening (Jun, 2021 – Subject to change)
- Suitability of the research topics
- Excellence in the research performance
- Potential for the future development
Step:2 Interview (Jun, 2021 – Subject to change)
- Demonstration of expertise in the relevant research fields
- Perspectives for the future research direction
- Presentation skills
As the first research institute for basic sciences in the nation, Korea Institute for Advanced Study (KIAS) was founded in 1996 by Korean Government to promote excellence in the basic science research. Located in Seoul, KIAS provides a unique research environment, where its members as well as visitors can enjoy constant academic stimuli and friendly administrative support.
Period of Appointment
- Expected starting date is September 1, 2021, for terms of 1 year.
- The actual period of appointment and the starting date can be adjusted if the research program requires such adjustments.
- Salary is to be determined according to the KIAS personnel regulations and guidelines.
- Benefits include the coverage of 4 major social insurances; national pension, health insurance, employment insurance, and industrial accident compensation insurance
- The salary and other working conditions of the position will comply with the KIAS personnel regulations and guidelines.
- The job offer can be withdrawn if the information provided in application materials is found to be false.
- The review process can be closed without selecting the candidates for the next stage of review if none of the applicants are found to be suitable for the position.
- Applicants should take full responsibility for any consequence resulting from the false information, omissions and errors in application materials, the omission of required documents, and so forth.
- Applicants can request the return of application materials within the period of three months after the final announcement of recruitment results under Article 4 of “Enforcement Decree of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act” of Korean Government.
[Quantum Universe Center] [Particle Physics] 2021 KIAS Recruitment Announcement for QUC Research Fellow Positions
Post expires at 11:59pm on Tuesday June 1st, 2021 (GMT+9)