6 Research fellow jobs in School of Mathematics, Korea Institute for Advanced Study (KIAS), South Korea
Deadline to Apply
June 01, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +9)
|No. of Position(s)||6|
|Salary||According to Standard Norms|
|Workplace||School of Mathematics|
Korea Institute for Advanced Study (KIAS)
|Contract Period||2 Years|
|Starting date||Not mentioned|
Doctoral degree in relevant research fields.
All research areas of Mathematics
Responsibilities/ Job Description
Related to research areas
How to Apply?
Click the Send Email button mentioned above
- Standard Cover Sheet and Agreement for Access and Usage of Personal Information (attached form)
- Curriculum vitae
- Publication list
- Research statement
- Reference letters from 3 referees
※ Note that referees are required to email their letters directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
※ To avoid the conflict of interest, KIAS professors cannot serve as referees.
Step:1 Initial Screening (Jun, 2021 – Subject to change)
- Suitability of the research topics
- Excellence in the research performance
- Reference documents
Step:2 Interview (Jun or July, 2021 – Subject to change)
- Demonstration of expertise in the relevant research fields
- Research potential
As the first research institute for basic sciences in the nation, Korea Institute for Advanced Study (KIAS) was founded in 1996 by Korean Government to promote excellence in the basic science research. Located in Seoul, KIAS provides a unique research environment, where its members as well as visitors can enjoy constant academic stimuli and friendly administrative support.
Period of Appointment
The initial appointment for Research Fellow is for two years, with the possibility of a one time renewal of up to two to three additional years depending on research performance and the needs of the research program at KIAS.
- The annual salary payment according to internal regulations
- Covered by Korean national health insurance
- All documents should be submitted by deadline, and if any of a certain applicant’s required documents is missing or incomplete, the applicant’s materials may not be evaluated. (Only the documents listed in 5. Required Documents will be considered in the evaluation process.)
- If the information provided by the application materials is found to be untrue or false, the job offer will be withdrawn.
- The work level and annual salary of successful candidates will comply with KIAS personnel regulations and guidelines.
- No candidates may be hired if all applicants are found to be unsuitable during the screening stage.
- Applicants will take full responsibility for any consequences resulting from false information, omissions and errors in application materials, omission of required documents and so forth.
- Applicants can request the return of application materials within the period of three months after the final announcement of recruitment results under Article 4 of “Enforcement Decree of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act” of Korean Government.
Post expires at 11:59pm on Tuesday June 1st, 2021 (GMT+9)