Research Assistant or Postdoc position is available at Department of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
June 16, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|Position||Research assistant or Postdoc position|
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Biology|
|Salary||29,853 DKK / Month|
|Workplace||Department of Biomedical Sciences (BMI) |
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
University of Copenhagen
|Contract Period||1 Year|
|Starting date||Sep 01, 2021|
- Master degree or PhD in biology, biomedicine, bioinformatics or similar degree with extensive experience in data analysis and statistics
- Advanced user in R programming (or python) with a good understanding of data modelling, regression analyses, data visualization, and the use of functions and loops
- The ability to work independently with the analytical part of the work and in teams with other researchers for interpretation and dissemination of the results
Experience within epidemiology (genetic epidemiology is preferable) and/or metabolism is an advantage
Responsibilities/ Job Description
- Analysis of omic data (in particular exome data to identify relevant gene variants)
- Statistical analysis to test for associations between gene variants and (biomarkers of) metabolic diseases
- Reporting and presentation of results to collaborators in basic and clinical research
- Interpretation of data and preparation of graphs for scientific publications
Specific for the Postdoc position
- Expected to develop an independent research plan related to the project topic
- Writing scientific articles
- Applying for project funding
- Supervision of master or PhD student
How to Apply?
Your online application must be submitted in English by clicking ‘Apply now’ above. Furthermore your application must include the following documents/attachments – all in PDF format
1. Motivated letter of application (max. one page).
2. CV incl. education, work/research experience, language skills and other skills relevant for the position.
3. A certified/signed copy of a) PhD certificate and b) Master of Science certificate. If the PhD is not completed, a written statement from the supervisor will do.
4. List of publications.
Please indicate whether you apply for a position as research assistant or postdoc.
About Research project
We are looking for a motivated research assistant or Postdoc to carry out data analysis. The main project involves analysis of data from the UK Biobank including 500,000 individuals. You may also assist in data analysis of OMIC data in other projects including animal and clinical studies.
About the Department
Department of Biomedical Sciences (BMI) is an interdisciplinary department, which covers seven research themes with a common point of reference: ‘basic biomedical research with emphasis on translational potential’. The position is in the section for Translational Metabolic Physiology Group. Read more about the department atwww.bmi.ku.dk.
- Salary, pension and terms of employment will be in accordance with the agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and AC (Danish Confederation of Professional Associations). Currently, the monthly salary starts at 29,853 DKK/ approx. 4,014 Euro (April 2021-level). Depending on qualifications, a supplement may be negotiated. The employer will pay an additional 17.1 % to your pension fund.
- Foreign applicants may find this link useful: www.ism.ku.dk (International Staff Mobility).
Associate Professor MD, PhD Nicolai J. Wewer Albrechtsen
Postdoc Annelaura Bach Nielsen
PhD student Marie Winther-Sørensen
Post expires at 8:59am on Thursday June 17th, 2021 (GMT+9)