Research Assistant Position in Brain Delivery Technologies is available in chemical biology at the Department of Chemistry, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark.
Deadline to Apply
June 01, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|Position||Research Assistant Position|
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Chemical Biology|
– Organic Chemistry
|Scholarship||“According to standard norms”|
Technical University of Denmark,
|Contract Period||12 months|
|Starting date||Jun 15, 2021 or ASAP|
MSc degree in chemistry with a strong theoretical and experimental background in organic chemistry. Applicants should have a thorough interest in chemical biology and methodology development. The position offers an opportunity to work with an international, dynamic and multi-disciplinary project.
- An interest in chemical biology and a desire to work in an interdisciplinary environment.
- Experience with peptide chemistry, preparative HPLC purification and MALDI-MS analysis are considered a strong advantage.
- A strong commitment to research.
- Be ambitious and hard working.
- Enthusiasm for working with research students.
- Independence and good communication skills.
In the assessment of the candidates, consideration will be given to:
- Relevance of background experience.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and good communication skills.
The main responsibilities are to design and execute synthetic routes to complex modified peptide conjugates as well as investigation of their formulation and biological properties. The research project relies heavily on the ability to prepare and purify large amounts of complex peptide conjugates – and this will be the main responsibility of the research assistant.
You will work in a team with 5 PhD-students, a research assistant, a postdoctoral researcher and collaborate with experts in pharmacology and cell biology. You are expected to work independently and coordinate your research with the other team members. Undergraduate research projects will be integrated in the project and you are expected to interact with and co-supervise those projects.
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file.
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Diploma (MSc)
About the project/department
The research project is within neurological diseases and involves the development of brain barrier shuttle techniques. The researcher will work in close collaboration with a PhD-students working in the field. The project is an interdisciplinary collaboration between DTU Chemistry and the University of Copenhagen, Department of Biomedical Sciences.
- If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
- All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Tel.: +45 31216621,
Post expires at 8:59am on Wednesday June 2nd, 2021 (GMT+9)