Research Assistant in Power Converters for medium to high power applications is available at the Department of Energy Technology, Aalborg University, Denmark (Power Electronics)
Deadline to Apply
May 11, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|Position||Research Assistant Position|
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Power Electronics|
|Scholarship||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Department of Energy Technology,|
|Contract Period||3 Years|
|Starting date||Aug 01, 2021|
The required level of qualifications is at master level
- Research work will be related to designing, manufacturing and testing of power converters for medium to high power applications in external funded projects for power electronics.
- You must be able to establish a documentation portfolio and write reports to be communicated with team’s members.
- The primary project delivery is hardware prototypes and you must have experience with designing and with successful experimental result on Silicon Carbide power converters.
- Mandatory position requirements is technical experience and created results involving specific topics:
1)experimental work on SiC converters and experience with parasitic influence on circuit layout and magnetic components
2) experience with converter control of electrical machines
3) designing control for drives systems and grid connected converters.
- You should expect to write a number of publications to be presented in high impact scientific journals and conferences as we see academic achievements and networking as important for personal development.
How to Apply?
The applications are only to be submitted online by using the “Apply online” button mentioned above.
The application must contain the following:
- A motivated text wherein the reasons for applying, qualifications in relation to the position, and intentions and visions for the position are stated.
- A current curriculum vitae
- Copy of relevant diplomas (Master of Science and, if any, PhD) On request you could be asked for an official English translation.
- Scientific qualifications. You may attach up to 5 publications.
- Dissemination qualifications, including participation on committees or boards, participation in organisations and the like.
- Additional qualifications in relation to the position.
- Personal data
About the project/department
The Department of Energy Technology is a dynamic engineering research department in continuous growth and inspiring surroundings. The department has a very international environment and covers all areas of clean and sustainable energy systems of the future within electrical, thermal and mechatronic energy technology. The department has campuses in both Aalborg and Esbjerg. The mission is to be world leading in both research and research-based education of the energy engineers of the future. The department has approx. 300 employees of many nationalities, of which 25 are administrative staff. In addition, the department constantly has approx. 50-70 guest researchers from around the world. Research and teaching are in the absolute world elite in the field of energy, and we have extensive and leading workshop and laboratory facilities, where research and innovation are carried out in direct collaboration with industry to a great extent.
- For further information concerning the application procedure please contact HR-Servicecentre EST by mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Appointment to Research Assistant may be for a period of up to three years. Reappointment may be made, but a Research Assistant can only be appointed to Research Assistant for a period of maximum three years. Further information regarding guidelines, ministerial circular in force and procedures can be seen here
Employment is in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities (the Appointment Order) and the Ministry of Finance’s current Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities. Employment and salary are in accordance with the collective agreement for state-employed academics.
Professor, Stig Munk-Nielsen
Tel: (+45) 9940 9242
Post expires at 8:59am on Wednesday May 12th, 2021 (GMT+9)