Jobs for Biology – Research assistant to join the group’s project on refactoring natural products in yeast, in the Yeast Natural Products group at DTU Biosustain, Technical University of Denmark
Deadline to Apply
May 07, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Molecular biology|
– Synthetic biology
|Scholarship||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Yeast Natural Products group|
Technical University of Denmark
|Contract Period||1 Year|
|Starting date||Not specified|
MSc degree in a biology-related field or equivalent experience
- 1 year experience in molecular biology, particular CRISPR-based strain engineering, gene assembly, DNA preps, transformation
- a strong motivation to support our mission to engineer biology for societal and environmental impact
- eager to trouble-shoot random tasks arising and thrive to help colleagues
- a solid organizational skills and take pride in your work
- a proactive attitude and good communication skills
Yeast Natural Products group
We offer an exciting, collaborative, hard working, focusing on translational research and innovation with both societal and environmental impacts. We place emphasis on a high level of professionalism in our team, so skills development and knowledge-transfer are integral parts of our agile well-resourced organization.
Our environment (especially in non–Corona times) is characterized by openness, knowledge sharing and helpfulness. Now, we are looking forward to be able to be physically together like before – and to make you a part of the team, naturally.
The Yeast Natural Products group is focusing on refactoring plant biosynthetic pathways for natural products manufacturing in yeast. The competencies in our laboratory, led by Prof. Jay D. Keasling, focus on the use synthetic biology to engineer microbes to produce scarce bioactive compounds. To strengthen our team’s translational R&D activities, and further advance our visions for delivery of new sustainable supply chains for bioactive natural products we seek a research assistant with a focus on:
- Molecular cloning and strain construction
- Media preparation
- Cultivation of microorganisms
- Analytical sample preparation
- Support ad hoc lab duties
The candidate will closely collaborate with a team of about 10 researchers with expertise in synthetic biology, metabolic engineering, biochemistry, bioprocess engineering and computational biology. The candidate will be supporting general research activities for strain construction and testing.
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file
- Application (cover letter)
- Academic Diplomas (MSc)
- List of publications including patents, if you have such.
About the project/department
At DTU Biosustain we develop the next generation of biosustainable technologies using synthetic biology. We create novel methods and technologies as a foundation for development of new environment-friendly products, better and less energy consuming manufacturing processes, new medical treatments, climate-friendly farming, etc. In other words, we try to solve some of the biggest challenges in the history of humankind, and you will get the chance to add your mark to this.
Recent progress in our ability to read and write genomic code, combined with advances in automation, analytics and data science, has fundamentally changed the scope and ambition of harnessing the potential of biological systems. Big data approaches and analysis of biological systems are key research instruments at the Center. DTU Biosustain utilizes these advances for microbial cell factory design to foster sustainable lifestyles in relation to three application areas: Sustainable Chemicals, Natural Products, and Microbial Foods. Learn more at biosustain.dtu.dk
- The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union.
- If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
Dr. Jie Zhang
Post expires at 8:59am on Saturday May 8th, 2021 (GMT+9)