Research Assistant in Whole genome sequencing of bacteria producing natural products is available at DTU Biosustain, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark.
Deadline to Apply
Jul 04, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|Position||Research Assistant Position|
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Biology|
|Scholarship||“According to standard norms”|
|Workplace||DTU Biosustain, |
Technical University of Denmark, Denmark.
|Contract Period||3 Years|
|Starting date||Not Specified|
- A master’s degree in biology/biotechnology or equivalent
Further competences that are important for the position are:
- Previous experience in molecular techniques working with bacteria; experience in working with “difficult” non-model organisms, especially actinomycetes, is advantageous.
- Previous experience with molecular biotechnology techniques like sequencing library preparation, genome sequencing (Oxford Nanopore is advantageous), DNA isolation and purification
- Great attention to details
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and communication skills for working in a highly international research environment
- Strong English written and oral language skills, as our work language is English
Your primary tasks will be
- Maintaining microbial strains and documenting them in our LIMS
- Cultivation of actinomycetes and high-quality chromosomal DNA isolation
- DNA quality control
- Oxford Nanopore library construction, quality control and sequencing
- Sequence data analysis, including assembling and annotating the data
- Support with routine lab duties, such as preparing media, coordinating with the DTU Biosustain sequencing lab/external sequencing providers
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file.
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Academic Diplomas (MSc)
- If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
- All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Prof. Tilmann Weber,
Post expires at 8:59am on Monday July 5th, 2021 (GMT+9)