Research assistant in pre-clinical cancer drug development at Department of Immunology and Microbiology, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
June 07, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Pharmacology|
– Biological sciences
|Scholarship||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Centre for Medical Parasitology|
Department of Immunology and Microbiology
Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen
|Contract Period||3 Years|
|Starting date||Aug 16, 2021|
- You have a Master degree in pharmacology, biological sciences, or closely related disciplines
- You are highly experienced in in vivo cancer models, primarily murine xenograft and/or orthotopic models
- You have expert knowledge in cell cultures and experience with flow cytometry
- You have experience with in vivo imaging using fluorescently labelled compounds
- You have strong coordination skills and a structured approach to documentation and data management
- You are able to work independently and manage and motivate a small team of technicians
- You have an active interest in developing novel cancer compounds and bringing them towards the clinic
- You have proficient communication skills and ability to work in teams
- Excellent English skills written and spoken
We have strong proof of concept that modalities of the recombinant malaria protein VAR2CSA can cure mice from tumours. Your job will be to take part in a team finalizing the pre-clinical development of a drug conjugate and an immunotherapy, with a primary focus on in vivo animal studies. This includes running cancer efficacy models, pharmacokinetic studies incl. bioassays and in vivo imaging studies using advanced IVIS Spectrum CT imaging system. In addition, some in vitro work on human cell cultures and flow cytometry is also expected.
How to Apply?
Your online application must be submitted in English by clicking ‘Apply now’ above. Furthermore your application must include the following documents/attachments – all in PDF format
- Motivated letter of application (max. one page).
- CV incl. education, work/research experience, language skills and other skills relevant for the position.
- A certified/signed copy of a) PhD certificate and b) Master of Science certificate. If the PhD is not completed, a written statement from the supervisor will do.
- List of publications.
About the project/department
Our research is focused on developing novel therapeutic and prophylactic protein based compounds to combat cancer as well as infectious diseases. In particular, we are working on utilizing a recombinant malaria protein (VAR2CSA) to target cancer. We have shown that this malaria protein binds to the vast majority of tumors and that it can be turned into a highly effective immunotherapy or drug conjugate. We work closely together with biopharmaceutical industry, CROs, CMOs and consultancies to ensure the success of our translational programs. You will be part of a team moving this novel cancer therapy through pre-clinical development to first in man studies. Based in Copenhagen, Denmark you will be working on these drug development programs in close collaboration with Canadian researchers and the UCPH spinout company VAR2Pharmaceuticals. We offer a position with great potential for personal development, acquisition of key competencies within preclinical drug development and importantly to participate in the development of first in class therapeutic compounds with a potential of making a huge impact on cancer.
We are a diverse group with many nationalities and our working environment is informal. We have regular group meetings where we discuss data, strategy and plan the work and you will be part of this and expected to contribute actively.
- The employment as research assistant is a full time and fixed-term position for 1 years with a great potential for being turned into a longer term position. Starting date is 1 August 2021 or after agreement.
- Salary, pension and terms of employment will be in accordance with the agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and AC (Danish Confederation of Professional Associations). Currently, the monthly salary starts at 34.600 DKK/ approx. 4,650 Euro (Febraury 2021-level). Depending on qualifications, a supplement may be negotiated. The employer will pay an additional 17.1 % to your pension fund.
- Foreign applicants may find this link useful: www.ism.ku.dk (International Staff Mobility).
Professor Ali Salanti
Phone: +45 28757676
Professor Ali Salanti
Phone: +45 28757676
Post expires at 8:59am on Tuesday June 8th, 2021 (GMT+9)