Research assistant at state-of-the-art biotechnology automation lab, at Center for Biosustainability, Technical University of Denmark
Deadline to Apply
July 04, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Biotechnology|
|Scholarship||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Biosustainability (CFB)|
Technical University of Denmark
|Contract Period||3 Years|
|Starting date||Not mentioned|
- MSc degree in biotechnology, biochemistry, chemistry, automation or similar field
- Experience in microbiology and analytical chemistry as related to biotechnology
- We are looking for a colleague with the same collaborative and open mindset that is a trademark for our group. As your primary objective is to provide critical support for our group, you must be willing to help with and to handle a broad spectrum of tasks in high throughput manner with the same dedication and attention to detail. We expect that you are eager to learn new things, to develop your skills, and are motivated to be a part of a multidisciplinary and multicultural team.
- Experience in microbiology and biochemistry (e.g., experience in suspension cultivation of microbes)
- Experience in programming and operating liquid handlers and other automated laboratory equipment is an advantage.
- Experience and/or interest in analytical chemistry is needed (e.g., metabolomics, fluxomics, and proteomics sample handling protocols)
- Interest in working with script based programming (e.g. Python)
Broad lab responsibility across methods, projects, procedures and equipment
Your mission is to assist at our state-of-the-art lab at DTU Biosustain in Lyngby. We are working to develop new automation platforms to help the researchers at our center and abroad solve the most challenging problems in biology. You will get the opportunity to develop your skills at the very forefront of new lab methods and technologies and expand your knowledge considerately within synthetic biology. You will assist within:
- The development and validation of automated methods on different types of integrated and customized automation workstations such as the Tecan EVO or Agilent Bravo
- Troubleshooting and optimizing protocols in collaboration with domain experts. This will include prototyping automated workflows in SBS format labware
- Preparing and inoculating cultures of various microbes for high throughput strain cultivation
- Preparing and extracting samples from cell biomass for different omics analyses
- Maintaining and servicing robotics and liquid handling equipment
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file
- Application (cover letter)
- Academic Diplomas (MSc)
- If relevant, a list of publications
About DTU Biosustain
At DTU Biosustain we use synthetic biology techniques for the development of advanced materials and chemicals, smart and sustainable agriculture, and personalized human health applications. We are breaking new land at the absolute forefront of what is possible. We have the funding, the knowhow, and the latest state-of-the-art technology and equipment needed to succeed. You can learn more at biosustain.dtu.dk
Recent progress in our ability to read and write genomic code, combined with advances in automation, analytics and data science, has fundamentally changed the scope and ambition of harnessing the potential of biological systems. Big data approaches and analysis of biological systems are key research instruments at the Center. DTU Biosustain utilizes these advances for microbial cell factory design to foster sustainable lifestyles in relation to three application areas: Sustainable Chemicals, Natural Products, and Microbial Foods.
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union.
Senior engineer – Head of Automation, Tadas Jakociunas
Post expires at 8:59am on Monday July 5th, 2021 (GMT+9)