Professor or Associate Professor positions to investigate ways of bringing state-of-the-art machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) closer to the practical needs of pathologists, in the Department of Pathology at Odense University Hospital (OUH), Centre for Clinical Artificial Intelligence (CAI-X) and the Maersk Mc-Kinney Moller Institute at the University of Southern Denmark (SDU), Denmark
Deadline to Apply
June 15, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|Position||Professor or Associate Professor|
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Artificial Intelligence|
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||The Department of Pathology at Odense University Hospital (OUH)|
Centre for Clinical Artificial Intelligence (CAI-X)
The Maersk Mc-Kinney Moller Institute
University of Southern Denmark (SDU)
|Contract Period||Permanent position|
|Starting date||Aug 01, 2021|
We are particularly interested in receiving applications from relevant candidates with experience in the areas of deep learning, trustworthy AI, causal learning, and convergence of AI with other emerging technologies. Applicants’ current research should encompass clinically relevant areas of pathology or of the health sector, and in their future research work with us, the applicant must be motivated to work within the field of diagnostic pathology as one of several possible future areas.
The applicant must document (depending on Professor or Associate Professor level):
- An academic degree (PhD, DMSci or equivalent) in a computational or engineering discipline relevant to this position
- Significant results within artificial intelligence with regard to development or implementation.
- A dynamic performance curve as documented by peer-reviewed publications
- Successful track record in obtaining research funding
- International research collaboration and collaboration with researchers in other disciplines and sectors
Responsibilities/ Job Description
Professor or Associate Professor to investigate ways of bringing state-of-the-art machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) closer to the practical needs of pathologists
How to Apply?
Please click the Apply Online button mentioned above. The faculty expects applicants to read How to apply before applying.
The application must be in English and must include:
- A motivational cover letter indicating whether you are applying for a professorship or associate professorship position
- A draft strategic plan for AI in pathology including research objectives and indicated expectations for activities and implementation
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Certificates/Diplomas (MSc and PhD)
- Information on previous teaching and supervision experience. Please attach as Teaching Portfolio
- List of publications and four selected research articles. Please attach one pdf-file for each publication
- Reference letters and other relevant qualifications may also be included.
- Only for application for professorship: Documentation of leadership experience.
About the Department
The Department of Pathology is fully digitalized in the first half of 2021 as one of the first pathology departments in Denmark. The Professor/Associate Professor is expected to contribute to the further development of the research strategy and profile of the department, centre and institute, with special emphasis on artificial intelligence in pathology. The main work place will be the department, where you as our new colleague explore the possibilities for as well as develop, choose and implement new AI-solutions together with our technicians, physicians and researchers. The focus may be on specific application areas that lead to cost-efficient and data-efficient solutions, and solutions may include ML, AI paradigms and deep learning, or the combination of machine learning with other AI methods.
- The successful applicant will be employed at SDU and in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. Please check links for more information on salary and taxation.
- If you experience technical problems you must contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Further information for international applicants about entering and working in Denmark.
- Further information about The Faculty of Engineering.
Head of Department, Professor Niels Marcussen
Phone: +45 65414800
Professor or Associate Professor in Artificial Intelligence with focus on Pathology (readvertisement)
Post expires at 8:59am on Wednesday June 16th, 2021 (GMT+9)