Postdoctoral fellowship is available within the field of computational and comparative genomics, in the Department of Computer Science (DIKU) and the Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research (CPR), Department of Computer science, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Postdoc of Machine Learning for Crop Analysis
Deadline to Apply
Apr 11, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +2)
No. of Position(s)
- Computational machine learning
- Computational and comparative genomics
DKK 437.435 / Annum
Department of Computer science
Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research (CPR)
Professor Mads Nielsen
Candidates must have a Ph.D. or similar qualifications within computational machine learning, or other relevant research fields. Experience in programming is strongly desirable. Also, experience within the field of biological applications and crop analysis are preferred.
The candidate is expected to be enthusiastic about working in an interdisciplinary academic environment conduction research and teaching at the highest international level. The position, therefore, requires a highly motivated scientist who is comfortable working in teams, have good interpersonal skills, as well as a collaborative and open mind-set.
- The candidate will be expected to conduct research in modelling the relation between data from crop sampled in research fields for relation to crop diseases and yield. Data are collected in the MATRIX consortium for multi channel imaging, mass spectroscopy, metagenomics and genetics. This post doc will together with the Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research at University of Copenhagen, Associate Profesor Simon Rasmussen and will be pivotal for realizing the machine learning potential from the 60 mio DKK project. Expected methodologies are Feed Forward Neural Networks, Variational Autencoders, Generative Advisarial Networks and potentially time resolved models. Special focus will be on disentanglement of syntax and semantics and predictive modelling. The candidate is expected to some degree to engage in teaching and supervision and the post may also include performance of other duties.
- The postdoc’s duties will include research within machine learning as well as teaching. The post may also include performance of other duties.
How to Apply?
The application, in English, must be submitted electronically by clicking APPLY NOW above
- Curriculum vitae
- Diplomas (Master and PhD degree or equivalent)
- Research plan – description of current and future research plans
- Complete publication list
- Separate reprints of 3 particularly relevant papers
The position is advertised in connection to a newly established multidisciplinary program, The MATRIX: “Microbiome Assisted Triticum Resilience In X-dimensions”, funded by the Novo Nordisk Foundation, to address the taxonomic diversity and functional potential of the wheat phyllosphere microbiome. Today, more than one third of crop yields are lost due to abiotic and biotic stress factors, such as drought, salinity, pests and disease. In the MATRIX program several key microorganisms and regulatory mechanisms involved in wheat growth promotion and protection against biotic and abiotic stresses will be identified. By combining new microbiome-assisted approaches with machine learning and predictive modelling the MATRIX aims to quantitate and predict microbiome-mediated changes and their effect on wheat resilience and productivity under various climate change scenarios, which can be used as a novel tool to improve future wheat yield management strategies.
- Terms of appointment and payment accord to the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations on Academics in the State.
- The starting salary is currently up to DKK 437.435 including annual supplement (+ pension up to DKK 74.801). Negotiation for salary supplement is possible.
- Interviews will be held in week 17 2021
Other Postdoctoral Positions
- MS, MS and PhD Programs – DGIST, South Korea
- Postdoc position in Cell biology, Denmark
- Postdoc position in Molecular Biology, Structural Biology, Aero-Microbiology
- Postdoc Position in Robotics, Engineering – Aalborg, Denmark
- Postdoc Position in Biochemistry – DTU, Denmark
Post expires at 8:59am on Monday April 12th, 2021 (GMT+9)