Molecular biology, Chemical Biology, Biochemistry – Postdoctoral fellowship in Chemical Biology, in the Department of Physics, Chemistry and Pharmacy, University of Southern Denmark (SDU), Denmark
Deadline to Apply
June 01, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Biochemistry|
– Chemical biology
– Molecular biology
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Department of Physics, Chemistry and Pharmacy|
University of Southern Denmark (SDU)
|Contract Period||2 Years|
|Starting date||July 01, 2021|
- A PhD in biochemistry, chemical biology or related disciplines with a strong molecular biology background.
- A background in nucleic acid chemistry, gene and transcript analysis techniques and bio-orthogonal conjugation.
- Research experience in automated synthesis of oligonucleotides and/or peptides.
- Documented research experience with CRISPR/Cas systems.
- Hands-on expertise in HPLC separation of nucleotides and peptides.
- Deep understanding and practical skills in RNA analysis with MALDI-MS and LC-MS.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (English) for effective teamwork across disciplines.
- Research expertise in preparation and characterization of soft nanoparticles (liposomes).
- Ability to design and implement experiments involving mammalian cell cultures and/or laboratory animals.
- Skills in application of variable spectroscopic techniques for detailed characterization of biomolecules.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
The postdoctoral project is part of our current activities on delivery of complex biomolecules for therapeutic applications and is centred around efficient, targeted cellular delivery of CRISPR/Cas gene editing tools. Our group is specialized in syntheses of highly modified DNA and RNA oligonucleotides as well as lipidated peptides using automated solid-phase synthesis. We have expertise in the development of delivery formulations based on functionalized lipid nanoparticles and membrane-anchored biomolecules. Several advanced spectroscopic and scattering methods for particle characterization and surface plasmon analysis for binding studies are core techniques used in our group. Our lab is strongly engaged in on-site collaborations with colleagues from biophysics, molecular biology, and the university hospital as part of very interdisciplinary projects.
We are seeking a highly motivated applicant to join our BioNEC research unit for our project on efficient targeted delivery of CRISPR/Cas gene editing tools in order to complement current oligonucleotide activities within BioNEC.
How to Apply?
Applications must be submitted electronically using the link “Apply online”. Attached files must be in Adobe PDF or Word format. Each box can only contain a single file of max. 10 Mb. We strongly recommend that you read How to apply before you apply.
- A curriculum vitae including information on previous employment.
- A full list of publications stating the scientific publications on which the applicant wishes to rely.
The successful applicant will be employed in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations). Please check links for more information on salary and taxation.
Associate Professor Stefan Vogel
Department of Physics, Chemistry and Pharmacy
University of Southern Denmark
Post expires at 8:59am on Wednesday June 2nd, 2021 (GMT+9)