Postdoctoral fellowship position is available to focusing on high dimensional statistical algorithms for dynamic prediction of outcome in inflammatory bowel disease based on molecular biomarkers and clinical data, At the Faculty of Medicine, Department of Clinical Medicine, Aalborg University, Denmark
POSTDOC (Postdoctoral fellowship) IN BIOSTATISTICS
Deadline to Apply
Apr 06, 2021 (GMT +1)
No. of Position(s)
- Clinical research
According to standard norms
Department of Clinical Medicine
Bioinformatics and statistics
Professor Martin Bøgsted
Tel.: +45 5092 5639
Phone: (+45) 9940 7968
PhD in statistics or a closely related field
- Experience with clinical research.
- Experience with methodological development of statistics.
- Experience in statistical programming in e.g. R, Stata, or SAS.
- Experience with data management and analysis of large data sets.
- Motivated by interdisciplinary research.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English with a good scientific vocabulary.
The research will primarily be anchored within PREDICT, focusing on high dimensional statistical algorithms for dynamic prediction of outcome in inflammatory bowel disease based on molecular biomarkers and clinical data.
Limited teaching and supervision duties within biostatistics at the Faculty of Medicine, Aalborg University can be expected.
How to Apply?
The applications are only to be submitted online by using the “Apply online” button above
The application must contain the following:
- A motivated text wherein the reasons for applying, qualifications in relation to the position, and intentions and visions for the position are stated.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Copies of relevant diplomas (Master of Science and PhD). On request, you could be asked for an official English translation.
- Scientific qualifications. A complete list of publications must be attached with an indication of the works the applicant wishes to be considered. You may attach up to 5 publications.
- Dissemination qualifications, including participation on committees or boards, participation in organisations and the like.
- Additional qualifications in relation to the position. References/recommendations.
- Personal data.
About Department of Clinical Medicine
The Department of Clinical Medicine was established 1 January 2013. The department is located in connection with Aalborg University Hospital where research, education, and clinical work is united. The Department of Clinical Medicine does clinical research within all the clinical disciplines and delivers research-based teaching to all areas of the medical master’s degree program. Furthermore, the Department of Clinical Medicine has around 40 research units each with their own speciality.
Many of the research units are organized in interdisciplinary collaborations within larger research areas such as coronary diseases, cancer, and neurological conditions. The Clinical Data Science group, Department of Clinical Medicine, Aalborg University and Department of Haematology, Aalborg University Hospital, works primarily with methodological developments and applications of bioinformatics, biostatistics, machine learning, and data management within clinical research.
The group is highly interdisciplinary, employing both biostatisticians, bioinformaticians, software developers, and data managers who work in collaboration with molecular biologists and health care personnel throughout the Danish health care sector. Based on real world health data and molecular biomarkers, the focus is currently on establishing scalable, national decision support tools for personalized medicine in cancer treatment and health economics benefit.
The group also participates in the Danish National Research Foundation’s Center for Molecular Prediction of Inflammatory Bowels Disease (PREDICT), the Danish Comprehensive Cancer Center’s Research Centre for Precision Medicine in blood cancer, and several SARS-CoV-2 focused research projects.
Appointment is in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities (the Appointment Order) and the Ministry of Higher Education and Science’s Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities. Salary is in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations (AC) on Academics in the State. The first 3 months of your employment is a trial period.
Other Postdoctoral Positions
- MS, MS and PhD Programs – DGIST, South Korea
- Postdoc position in Cell biology, Denmark
- Postdoc position in Molecular Biology, Structural Biology, Aero-Microbiology
- Postdoc Position in Robotics, Engineering – Aalborg, Denmark
- Postdoc Position in Biochemistry – DTU, Denmark
Post expires at 8:59am on Wednesday April 7th, 2021 (GMT+9)