RNA Biology and Bioinformatics jobs – Postdoctoral fellowship to be working on computational and statistical analysis of RNA-seq data to characterize and elucidate RNA-regulatory networks in NASH, CVD and other diseases, At the Center for RNA Medicine, Department of Clinical Medicine, Aalborg University, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
Apr 26, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Bioinformatics|
– Computational Biology
– Systems Biology
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Department of Clinical Medicine|
|Contract Period||3 Years|
A PhD degree in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Systems Biology or a similar area.
- Experience in miRNA and/or lncRNA research.
- Ability to program in at least one widely used language (e.g., Perl, Python, Java, C++).
- Basic knowledge of Linux and proficient in applied statistics and R/Bioconductor.
- Prior experience working with omics and RNA-seq data analysis as well as pathway analysis.
- Publications in top-tier bioinformatics journals (e.g., Bioinformatics, Briefings in Bioinformatics, Nucleic Acids Research) as first or lead author.
- Strong communication and writing skills as well as ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative research environment.
- Excellent English skills.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
The Center for RNA Medicine is seeking a highly motivated outstanding candidate with a strong interest in miRNAs, lncRNA biology and RNA medicine. The successful candidate will be working on computational and statistical analysis of RNA-seq data to characterize and elucidate RNA-regulatory networks in NASH, CVD and other diseases. The candidate is expected to be involved in data mining of national and international collaborative studies and performing meta-analysis on these data, and to participate in studying the biological functions of candidate miRNAs and lncRNAs in CVD, NASH and obesity in close collaboration with other bioinformaticians and molecular and cell biologists at the Center for RNA Medicine. In addition, the candidate will be involved in analysis of RNA-seq data from miRNA and lncRNA knockdown studies, and to take part in development of new computational tools.
How to Apply?
The applications are only to be submitted online using the “Apply online” button above
- A motivated letter wherein the reasons for applying, summary of research experience and qualifications in relation to the position are stated.
- Curriculum vitae, including a complete list of scientific publications.
- Diplomas and all relevant certificates for obtained MSc and PhD degrees.
- Additional qualifications relevant for the position.
About the Department
The Department of Clinical Medicine conducts research within all the clinical medical disciplines and provides teaching resources in all subject fields at the Faculty of Medicine of Aalborg University. The Department of Clinical Medicine has 40 affiliated research units organized in a series of cross-disciplinary research programs, such as cardiovascular disease, cancer and neurological disorders.
The Center for RNA Medicine (CRM) was established in 2015 and is located at the Copenhagen campus of Aalborg University in the heart of beautiful South Harbor of Copenhagen. The main focus of CRM is to understand the biological functions of microRNAs (miRNAs) and long noncoding RNAs (lncRNAs) in human health and disease. We are currently pursuing several research projects that explore the roles of non-coding RNAs (ncRNAs) and RNA editing in the pathogenesis of cardiovascular disease (CVD), non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) and obesity. Our long-term goal is to translate ncRNA discoveries into novel RNA-targeted therapeutic strategies for the treatment of life-threatening diseases, and we have received DKK 60 million from the Novo Nordisk Foundation’s Challenge Programme to advance development of new miRNA-targeted therapies to tackle NASH. CRM participates in the FANTOM 6 project, has brand new, state-of-the-art research facilities and a broad international network of research collaborators. For more information about CRM, please visit our website: www.rna-medicine.dk.
Appointment is in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities (the Appointment Order) and the Ministry of Higher Education and Science’s Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities. Salary is in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations (AC) on Academics in the State. The first 3 months of your employment is a trial period.
Professor Sakari Kauppinen
Professor Shizuka Uchida
Post expires at 8:59am on Tuesday April 27th, 2021 (GMT+9)