Postdoctoral fellow in x-ray tomography and digital volume correlation, in the Department of Civil Engineering, Technical University of Denmark
Deadline to Apply
June 15, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||X-ray tomography|
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Department of Civil Engineering|
Technical University of Denmark
|Contract Period||2 Years|
|Starting date||Sep 01, 2021|
Applicants should hold a PhD degree in relevant fields of research and should have a strong interest in working in an inter-disciplinary environment and have excellent collaboration skills. Strong communication skills are an advantage and an outstanding academic record is a requirement.
- Candidates with a strong background in x-ray tomography and digital volume correlation with a keen interest in image analysis and fatigue crack growth in heterogeneous materials will be given priority.
- Applicants with a proven record of international collaborations will be favored. Applicants should strive towards scientific excellence, be ambitious, and hard working. Only applicants with great talent and a possibility to be among the brightest in their field will be considered.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
The aim of this project is to understand the basic mechanisms of fatigue in heterogeneous materials to enable a physics-based approach for modelling and characterization. We will achieve this aim seamlessly integrating in situ x-ray micro tomography, novel digital volume correlation techniques, and innovative finite element and multiscale modelling approaches to assess the evolving 3D displacement and strain fields at various length scales. The project will thereby have a significant impact on the field predicting the emergent behavior of heterogeneous materials, without resorting to phenomenology, but rather directly unravel the micro-mechanical origin of macroscopic behavior.
The successful candidates will join an ambitious international research team and gain access to world leading research facilities, such as the Villum Center for Advanced Structural and Material Testing (CASMaT) as well as the 3D imaging center (3DIM) at DTU.
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file
- Application (cover letter)
- Academic Diplomas (MSc/PhD)
- List of publications
- The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union.
- If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
Assistant Professor Alexander Michel
Department of Civil Engineering
Post expires at 8:59am on Wednesday June 16th, 2021 (GMT+9)