Plastic Recycling jobs – Postdoctoral fellow to work with developing new methodologies for identifying and performing industrial sorting of plastic waste to enhance the purity of recycled plastics on industrial scale, in the Department of Engineering, Aarhus University, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
Apr 15, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||Polymer synthesis, Polymer/plastic processing|
Material, image analysis and artificial intelligence
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Department of Engineering, Aarhus University, Denmark|
|Contract Period||1 year with possibility of renewable up to 4 years|
Potential candidates should have experience and expertise in more than two of the following areas:
- Polymer synthesis and material formulation.
- Material, image analysis and artificial intelligence
- Analysis techniques (Mechanical testing, IR, NIR, NMR, DSC, TGA, shear rheology, and SEM).
- Polymer/plastic processing (degradation analysis, compounding, plastic extrusion, injection moulding)
- Make a statement on future research expectations including area of interest.
- Have strong cooperation and communication skills.
- Have very good command of the English language, both spoken and written.
- Be independent and capable of assisting younger students in their research projects.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
This post doc will focus on aspects of plastic sorting for plastic recycling. You will primarily work with developing new methodologies for identifying and performing industrial sorting of plastic waste to enhance the purity of recycled plastics on industrial scale.
How to Apply?
To apply, please click the Apply Online button mentioned above
The application must be in English and include
- Curriculum vitae
- Degree certificate
- Complete list of publications
- A statement of future research plans and information about research activities, teaching portfolio and verified information on previous teaching experience (if any).
Guidelines for applicants can be found here.
- Appointment shall be in accordance with the collective labour agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations.
- Further information on qualification requirements and job content may be found in the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff at Danish Universities.
- Salary depends on seniority as agreed between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Confederation of Professional Associations.
Associate professor Mogens Hinge
Phone: +45 22 77 05 55
Department of Engineering
Post expires at 8:59am on Friday April 16th, 2021 (GMT+9)