Jobs of Geology – Postdoctoral fellow in Geology at the Department of Geoscience and Natural Resource Management, Faculty of Science at University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
Apr 28, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +2)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Salary||DKK 437.435 / Year|
|Workplace||Department of Geosciences and Natural Resource Management|
Faculty of Science
University of Copenhagen
|Contract Period||2 Years|
|Starting date||Mention the date|
PhD Degree in related fields
The ideal candidate will have previous experience with in situ geochemical analytical techniques, especially of zircon, such as SIMS and LA-MC-ICPMS.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
- Postdoctoral position focusing on using in situ isotopic (U-Pb, Lu-Hf, O) and trace element analyses of zircon from igneous rocks and detrital samples to investigate the origin and growth history of continental crust in Scandinavia, and relate this to similar processes on a global scale.
- The postdoc’s duties will include research, manuscript preparation, and supervision of PhD and Masters students. The post may also include performance of other duties.
How to Apply?
The application, in English, must be submitted electronically by clicking APPLY NOW above
- Curriculum vita
- Diplomas (Master and PhD degree or equivalent)
- Research plan – description of current and future research plans
- Complete publication list
- Separate reprints of 3 particularly relevant papers
Terms of appointment and payment accord to the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations on Academics in the State.
The starting salary is currently up to DKK 437.435 including annual supplement (+ pension up to DKK 74.801). Negotiation for salary supplement is possible.
Prof. Tod Waight
Post expires at 8:59am on Thursday April 29th, 2021 (GMT+9)