Computer Science jobs – Few Postdoc positions to focus on models and realizations of Intelligent, Embedded Systems with particular focus on their applications on mobile and energy aware systems, at Center for Embedded Software Systems (CISS), At the Technical Faculty of IT and Design, Department of Computer Science, Aalborg University, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
Apr 17, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||Few positions|
|Research Area||Computer science|
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Center for Embedded Software Systems (CISS)|
Department of Computer Science, Aalborg University, Denmark
|Contract Period||2 Years|
PhD Degree in related fields
Concretely, we are looking for applicants with a strong background and interest in the following:
Modelling, analysis and implementation of distributed and networked systems: Modelling of protocols for networked and distributed systems with particular emphasis on their quantitative properties like real time and energy consumption. Implementation of such protocols in realistic IoT settings. Services for and interoperability of IoT systems.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
The research will focus on models and realizations of Intelligent, Embedded Systems with particular focus on their applications on mobile and energy aware systems. The position is related to EU H2020 projects on flexible energy for buildings and energy systems.
Within the area, the position comes with many freedoms in terms of the specific research direction, methodology, and approaches taking the specific project needs into consideration. Accordingly, in addition to the detailed CV and recommendation letters (if any), the applicant should provide a short cover letter which describes the applicant’s background, interests, and initial thoughts and ideas.
How to Apply?
The applications are only to be submitted online by using the “Apply online” button above
The application must contain the following:
- A motivated text wherein the reasons for applying, qualifications in relation to the position, and intentions and visions for the position are stated.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Copies of relevant diplomas (Master of Science and PhD). On request you could be asked for an official English translation.
- Scientific qualifications. A complete list of publications must be attached with an indication of the works the applicant wishes to be considered. You may attach up to 5 publications.
- Dissemination qualifications, including participation on committees or boards, participation in organisations and the like.
- Additional qualifications in relation to the position. References/recommendations.
- Personal data.
The Computer Science Department at Aalborg University takes a leading international position within data management and verification. It is a very young university (1974) but with a strong international profile in Mathematics, and Computer Science & Engineering, also hosting the two most highly cited Computer Scientists of the country.
Employment is in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities (the Appointment Order) and the Ministry of Finance’s current Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities. Employment and salary are in accordance with the collective agreement for state-employed academics. The first 3 months of your employment is a trial period.
Phone: (+45) 9940 7553
Prof Kim G. Larsen
Post expires at 8:59am on Sunday April 18th, 2021 (GMT+9)