Postdoc position in 3D printing of continuous fiber composites, at Department of Wind Energy, Division of Materials and Components, at Technical University of Denmark
Deadline to Apply
May 25, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||Wind Energy|
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Department of Wind Energy|
Technical University of Denmark
|Contract Period||1 Year|
|Starting date||As soon as possible|
As a formal qualification, you must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent). Furthermore, strong English communication skills are essential. Applicants should strive towards scientific excellence, be ambitious, and hard working.
- Experience in developing composite 3D printers, designing mechanisms and CAD modeling
- Strong knowledge of fiber-reinforced polymer composite materials and 3D printing processes
- Experience in microstructure characterization and mechanical testing
- Preferably, experience in finite element modeling of composite structures
Responsibilities/ Job Description
The postdoc project aims at advancing the state of the art in the area of 3D printing of high-performance fiber-reinforced polymer composite structures. The main objective of the project is to develop a large-scale fiber composite 3D printer for manufacturing high-performance sub-components of wind turbine blades. The mechanical performance of the 3D printed subcomponents will be evaluated and accordingly the printing parameters will be improved.
Your primary responsibilities and tasks will be to:
- Develop a large-scale continuous fiber composite 3D printer with high degree of flexibility to manufacture complicated geometries
- Perform the mechanical testing of the 3D printed composite components to evaluate their mechanical properties
- Investigate the possibility of optimizing the printing parameters of the machine
- Collaborate with researchers and technicians to discuss the methods and perform the experiments required in the project
- Disseminate the results in peer-reviewed journals and supervise master students
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file.
- Application (cover letter)
- Academic Diplomas (MSc/PhD)
- List of publications
About DTU Wind Energy
DTU Wind Energy is one of the largest and most well-known university department for wind energy in the world with 250 employees. The institute is in the international driving field with a unique integration of research, education, innovation and public / private government service. DTU Wind Energy has extensive expertise in wind turbine technology, focusing on the impact of loads, structural design and reliability, aeroelastic design and materials.
- The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union.
- If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
- The position is available immediately and applicants will be evaluated on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
Researcher Ali Sarhadi
Senior Researcher Martin Eder
Post expires at 8:59am on Wednesday May 26th, 2021 (GMT+9)