Postdoc position in web and database technologies, at the Technical Faculty of IT and Design, Department of Computer Science, Aalborg University, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
May 16, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Database technologies |
– Web technologies
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Department of Computer Science|
|Contract Period||3 Years|
|Starting date||Aug 15, 2021|
Appointment as Postdoc presupposes scientific qualifications at PhD–level or similar scientific qualifications.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
The research areas will be within Database and Web Technologies, with special focus on systems on the edge and cloud for model-based storage, compression and querying of extremely large time series from sensors, specifically from wind turbines and solar panels. Deep developer experience with common edge DBMS and Big Data platforms, e.g., H2, Derby, Apache Cassandra and Spark, model-based time series management systems for this area, and specifically the ModelarDB open source time series management system are a prerequisites.
Limited teaching within the area can be expected, but also in other study programmes at the University.
How to Apply?
The applications are only to be submitted online by using the “Apply online” button above
- A motivated text wherein the reasons for applying, qualifications in relation to the position, and intentions and visions for the position are stated.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Copies of relevant diplomas (Master of Science and PhD). On request you could be asked for an official English translation.
- Scientific qualifications. A complete list of publications must be attached with an indication of the works the applicant wishes to be considered. You may attach up to 5 publications.
- Dissemination qualifications, including participation on committees or boards, participation in organisations and the like.
- Additional qualifications in relation to the position. References/recommendations.
- Personal data.
About Department of Computer Science
Department of Computer Science at Aalborg University is highly regarded in Denmark among researchers, students, and external partners because of our leading research, education, and collaboration. The department currently has more than 140 scientific staff, 24 administrative staff, and 1300 students. Our research is recognised internationally and nationally to be at the highest level of excellence according to community standards, prioritizing quality over quantity. We balance applications and theory, and societal and scientific impact, applying research to solve real-world problems, while also conducting foundational research with potential long-term impact. As part of this, we are acknowledged and respected for close collaboration with industry and for applying research to create impact and value for society, in particular within the area of sustainable development.
Employment is in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities (the Appointment Order) and the Ministry of Finance’s current Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities. Employment and salary are in accordance with the collective agreement for state-employed academics.
Professor Torben Bach Pedersen
Phone: (+45) 9940 7553.
Post expires at 8:59am on Monday May 17th, 2021 (GMT+9)