Water Treatment Technology jobs – Postdoc position is offered in relation to the cross of two research programs “Offshore Energy Systems” and “Biogas and Biorefinering”, At the Faculty of Engineering and Science, Department of Energy Technology, Aalborg University, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
Apr 22, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||Control engineering, Electrical engineering|
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Department of Energy Technology, Aalborg University, Denmark|
|Contract Period||1 Year and 3 Months|
- The candidate should have the PhD degree in control engineering, or electrical engineering or relevant areas
- The candidate should have the strong knowledge and research experience in the design, monitoring and control of separation processes, particularly with respect to separation technologies of tiny solids from liquid flows
The candidate with knowledge and research experience of TSS monitoring and hydrocyclone technique will be prioritized
About Department of Energy Technology
Department of Energy Technology is a dynamic engineering research department in continuous growth and inspiring surroundings. The department has a very international environment and covers all areas of clean and sustainable energy systems of the future within electrical, thermal and mechatronic energy technology. The department has campuses in both Aalborg and Esbjerg. The mission is to be world leading in both research and research-based education of the energy engineers of the future. The department has approx. 300 employees of many nationalities, of which 24 are administrative staff. In addition, the department constantly has approx. 50-70 guest researchers from around the world. Research and teaching are in the absolute world elite in the field of energy, and we have extensive and leading workshop and laboratory facilities, where research and innovation are carried out in direct collaboration with industry to a great extent
Responsibilities/ Job Description
The position is offered in relation to the cross of two research programs “Offshore Energy Systems” and “Biogas and Biorefinering” and the postdoc will be positioned to the section in Esbjerg.
As part of the NEPTUN project, the postdoc will be working on 2-3 smaller projects with-in the scope of technology development for the water treatment industry. The projects will be on various topics related to water treatment e.g. control and monitoring of water treatment systems, utilization of water treatment sludge, and analysis, monitoring and recovery technologies of microplastics from water systems. Particularly, the feasibility to recover microplastics by usage of the de-oiling hydrocyclone technique, which is primarily used in offshore oil & gas for produced water treatment, should be investigated.
Research areas will be within separation process and water treatment technology. Limited teaching within the area of process control and monitoring can be expected, but also in other study programmes at the University.
How to Apply?
The applications are only to be submitted online by using the “Apply online” button above
- A motivated text wherein the reasons for applying, qualifications in relation to the position, and intentions and visions for the position are stated.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Copies of relevant diplomas (Master of Science and PhD). On request you could be asked for an official English translation.
- Scientific qualifications. A complete list of publications must be attached with an indication of the works the applicant wishes to be considered. You may attach up to 5 publications.
- Dissemination qualifications, including participation on committees or boards, participation in organisations and the like.
- Additional qualifications in relation to the position. References/recommendations.
- Personal data.
About DTU Health Tech
DTU Health Tech engages in research, education, and innovation base on technical and natural science for the healthcare sector. The Healthcare sector is a globally expanding market with demands for the most advanced technological solutions. DTU Health Tech creates the foundation for companies to develop new and innovative services and products which benefit people and create value for society. DTU Health Techs expertise spans from imaging and biosensor techniques, across digital health and biological modelling, to biopharma technologies. The department has a scientific staff of about 175 persons, 130 PhD students and a technical/administrative support staff of about 80 persons.
Employment is in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities (the Appointment Order) and the Ministry of Finance’s current Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities. Employment and salary are in accordance with the collective agreement for state-employed academics. The first 3 months of your employment is a trial period.
Associate Professor Zhenyu Yang
Tel: +45 2184 7937
Associate Professor Mette Hedegaard Thomsen
Phone: +45 9356 2196
Post expires at 8:59am on Friday April 23rd, 2021 (GMT+9)