Postdoc Position is available to explore the feasibility of using waste plastics to reduce NOx emissions from industrial combustion processes via the reburning technology at DTU Chemical Engineering, Denmark-2021
Title: Postdoc in Reburning of Waste Plastics for NOx Reduction
Deadline to Apply
Dec 02, 2020 /GMT+1
No. of Position(s)
- Chemical Engineering
- Waste plastics and NO reburning
According to Standard Norms
CHEC Research Centre, DTU Chemical Engineering.
Starting Date: January 2021 or by appointment.
Candidates should have a PhD degree in chemical engineering or equivalent, with a strong research background on combustion, emission control and high-temperature chemistry.
The main responsibilities and tasks of the candidate include:
- Performing a literature survey on reburning and plastics thermal conversion
- Modifying an existing entrained flow reactor and conducting experiments in the reactor to study waste plastics and NO reburning
- Model development and validation for the reburning process
- Model-based evaluation of industrial reburning process using waste plastics
- Writing scientific articles
- Supervising master and bachelor projects
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply Now”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file.
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
- List of publications
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
About the Project
Waste plastics and nitrogen oxides (NOx) emissions are two global environmental concerns. This project aims to explore the feasibility of using waste plastics to reduce NOx emissions from industrial combustion processes via the reburning technology. Experiments and chemical kinetic modelling will be carried out to tudy the reactions of NO and waste plastics at high temperatures. We expect the project will shed light on the feasibility of the waste plastics-based reburning process and provide recommendations regarding the choice of wastes plastics and operation conditions for achieving a high NOx reduction efficiency.
At the CHEC Research Centre we focus on chemical engineering principles applied in combustion, harmful emission control, gasification, catalysis, continuous production of pharmaceuticals and advanced measuring technology. Our primary expertise covers chemical reaction engineering and transport phenomena.
DTU is a leading technical university globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation and scientific advice. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and academic freedom tempered by responsibility.
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union.
Other Postdoctoral Positions
- Associate Professor Position – Economics, Sociology – Sustainable Transition and Valuation
- Assistant professor or Postdoc position in Political Science, Denmark
- Postdoc position in Quantitative methods, Denmark
- Postdoc position in Biology and Data science, Denmark
- Postdoc Position in Animal Science – Aarhus, Denmark