Postdoc Position in Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics, Niels Bohr Institute, Faculty of Science, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
May 01, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Physics|
– Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics
|Salary||DKK 437.435 / Annum|
|Workplace||Condensed Matter Theory group (CMT)|
Center for Quantum Devices (QDev)
Niels Bohr International Academy (NBIA)Center for Quantum Devices
|Contract Period||2 Year|
PhD degree in physics (or expect to defend her/his PhD thesis in the next months), with a strong background in condensed matter or quantum many-body theory.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience in one of the following fields:
- topological phases of matter
- a strongly-correlated ultracold atom or electronic systems
- quantum simulations of many-body models or tensor network simulations.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
- The research activity will focus on topological phases of matter and it will be carried out in the Center for Quantum Devices (QDEV) and in collaboration with the Niels Bohr International Academy (NBIA).
- The main research topic will be the theoretical study of models with topological order and anyons in low-dimensional quantum many-body systems, including both solid state and ultracold atom setups.
How to Apply?
To apply, please click APPLY ONLINE button mentioned above.
- Curriculum vitae
- Diplomas (Master and PhD degree or equivalent; in case the PhD thesis has not been defended yet, please specify the expected date of the defence)
- Research statement – description of scientific achievements, current research interests and future research plans
- Complete publication list (underline the 3 most relevant papers)
- Full contact information (name, address, telephone & email) of three professional referees who may be contacted for letters of reference. We will contact you for your consent if we wish to contact these.
The Center for Quantum Devices is a basic research center supported by the Danish National Research Foundation, comprising materials research, experimental physics, nanoelectronics and condensed matter theory.
The Niels Bohr International Academy is an independent center of excellence for fundamental research hosted by the Niels Bohr Institute. Its main research areas include astroparticle physics, biophysics, condensed matter physics, quantum information, particle physics, cosmology, and theoretical astrophysics.
- You can read about the recruitment process at: https://employment.ku.dk/faculty/recruitment-process/.
- After the expiry of the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects applicants for assessment on the advice of the Interview Committee. Interviews are tentatively scheduled to be held online during May and June 2021, with potential offers being issued soon thereafter
Post expires at 8:59am on Sunday May 2nd, 2021 (GMT+9)