Organic chemistry – Postdoc in synthetic carbohydrate chemistry, at Department of Chemistry, Aarhus University, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
June 06, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Department of Chemistry|
|Contract Period||1 Year|
|Starting date||Aug 01, 2021|
- The candidate must have a nearly or fully completed PhD degree and have a strong background in synthetic organic chemistry. Furthermore, the candidate should be acquainted with semicomplicated 1D- and 2-D NMR spectra of small molecules and have good English communication skills.
- As a member of our group we expect you to be a team player and take part in co-supervision of junior students.
- All applicant are requested to enclose 2 letters of support/reference in their application and be the coauthor of at least one publication in a respected international journal.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
Together with other members of the Jensen group, the task will be to establish a new approach for chemical glycosylation that avoids lengthy purification of reaction mixtures using the organic chemistry toolbox.
How to Apply?
To apply, please click the Apply Online button mentioned above
The application must be in English and include
- Curriculum vitae
- Degree certificate
- A complete list of publications
- A statement of future research plans and information about research activities, teaching portfolio and verified information on previous teaching experience (if any). synthetic
Guidelines for applicants can be found here.
About the Department
The department is situated on the campus area close to the city center of Aarhus and houses several internationally renowned research groups. There is easy access to state-of-the-art research facilities and newly renovated and modern laboratories. Aarhus has the youngest population in Denmark with a rich student life.
- Appointment shall be in accordance with the collective labour agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations.
- Further information on qualification requirements and job content may be found in the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff at Danish Universities.
- Salary depends on seniority as agreed between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Confederation of Professional Associations.
Associate Professor Henrik H. Jensen
Phone: +45 2426 4475
Nat-Tech Administrative Centre – Nat-Tech HR
Post expires at 8:59am on Monday June 7th, 2021 (GMT+9)