Postdoc position in “Electrical Contact Materials and Reliability Issues”, at Department of Mechanical Engineering, Technical University of Denmark
Deadline to Apply
Apr 28, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Materials Engineering |
– Surface Engineering
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Department of Mechanical Engineering|
Technical University of Denmark
|Contract Period||2 Years|
As a formal qualification, you must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent). A PhD Degree in Materials Engineering with corrosion and electrochemistry specialization or master degree in electronics with PhD level expertise on corrosion reliability of electronics or related topics.
Prior experience on work related to corrosion reliability of electronics is an advantage.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
The Postdoc project aims at improving the wear, corrosion, and frictional properties of electrodeposited Au electrical contacts via high-current ion implantation. The idea is to implant ions into electrodeposited Au to improve the mechanical properties of the gold layer, therefore improving tribological properties, which will in turn improve corrosion due to less damage to the gold layer under operation. Therefore, the activities in the project will broadly include:
- Detailed material, corrosion, and tribological characterization of presently used gold contacts and failure mechanisms including electrical aspects.
- Investigation of ion implanted contacts for its material characteristics, and tribological and electrical behavior.
- Optimization of the gold electroplating for obtaining better pore free layer, while at low thickness.
You will work in a research team with both academic and industrial partners in Denmark and abroad. You will also be involved in the co-supervision of MSc and PhD students. The position is initially for a period of 24 months and funded by Innovations Fond, Denmark as part of the project “Combined Au plating and ion implantation” for more reliable electrical contacts.
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file.
- Application (cover letter)
- Academic Diplomas (MSc/PhD)
- List of publications
About DTU Mechanical Engineering
DTU Mechanical Engineering covers the fundamental engineering disciplines within Solid mechanics, Fluid mechanics, Coastal and Maritime Engineering, Energy systems and energy conversion, Materials and Surface Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Engineering design and Product development. The department has a scientific staff of about 135 persons, 100 PhD students and a technical/administrative support staff of about 80 persons.
- The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union.
- If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
Professor Rajan Ambat, Department of Mechanical Engineering, DTU
Phone: +45 4525 2181
Post expires at 8:59am on Wednesday April 28th, 2021 (GMT+9)