Postdoc position in structural Biology to investigate membrane protein complexes relevant for proper distribution of mitochondrial DNA in the mitochondrial network, at Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Postdoc position in Structural Biology of Mitochondrial DNA Replication at Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research
Deadline to Apply
Apr 11, 2021 (23:59 GMT +1)
No. of Position(s)
- Protein biochemistry
34.622,58 DKK / Month
Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research
2 Years with a possibility of extension
A strong background in protein biochemistry (preferentially of membrane proteins) and cryo-electron microscopy or crystallography is required. The candidate is joining a newly established lab and strong team player and networking skills are therefore valued. As a Postdoctoral candidate, you will have the opportunity to work on an interesting and challenging project that will profit from your enthusiasm, creativity and willingness to implement new methodology.
- PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, Biophysics or related fields
- Expertise in protein expression in human cell lines
- Expertise in purification of (preferentially membrane) protein assemblies
- Expertise in data analysis and structure building in single particle cryo-EM/crystallography or related expertise in cryo-electron tomography
- Interest and experience in supervising BSc and MSc students
- Publications in high-quality journals and presentations at international conferences
- Ability to manage a research project and the associated resources
Our lab has a deep interest to understand mitochondrial biology on a structural and functional level with a specific focus on how mitochondria maintain their DNA and how they produce functional RNA species. In this framework, the candidate will investigate membrane protein complexes relevant for proper distribution of mitochondrial DNA in the mitochondrial network. The primary methodological focus will be on single particle cryo-EM with the option for implementing cryo-electron tomography to correlate molecular findings with cellular phenotypes.
How to Apply?
Your application must be submitted electronically by clicking ‘APPLY NOW’ above
- Cover letter describing your motivation and qualifications for the position
- Curriculum vitae with contact details for at least three references
- Complete publication list
- Diplomas (Master and PhD degree or equivalent)
- Separate reprints of 3 particularly relevant papers
Novo Nordisk Center for Protein Research
The Novo Nordisk Center for Protein Research (NNF-CPR) was established in 2007 at the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, to promote basic and applied research.
The Kummer group (https://www.cpr.ku.dk/research/protein-structure-function-program/kummer/) is part of the Protein Structure and Function Program at NNF-CPR that contains the groups of Guillermo Montoya (Program Director) and Nicholas Taylor. The Program provides state-of-the-art infrastructure and instrumentation including a Titan Krios and a Glacios both equipped with Falcon III DED, as well as multiple smaller screening instruments. In addition, the center entertains a number of core facilities including protein production, crystallography, biophysics, high performance computing, mass spectrometry, and genomics. Besides joining an interdisciplinary, collaborative and supportive environment, the selected candidate can also profit from soft skill courses run by the CPR or the University of Copenhagen.
The CPR is located in the beautiful city of Copenhagen and next to being part of a vibrant and supportive research environment, the candidate will be able to enjoy numerous cultural and culinary highlights throughout the year in one of the most livable cities in the world.
- Salary, pension, and terms of employment will be in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Academics Central organization. Currently, the monthly salary is around 34.622,58 DKK approx. 4,656 €, (February 2021-level) plus 17.1 % in pension contribution. Depending on qualifications, a supplement may be negotiated.
Other Postdoctoral Positions
- MS, MS and PhD Programs – DGIST, South Korea
- Postdoc position in Cell biology, Denmark
- Postdoc position in Molecular Biology, Structural Biology, Aero-Microbiology
- Postdoc Position in Robotics, Engineering – Aalborg, Denmark
- Postdoc Position in Biochemistry – DTU, Denmark
Post expires at 8:59am on Monday April 12th, 2021 (GMT+9)