Sociology – Postdoc position to contribute to a collaborative research project of migrant workers in Denmark, and carry out research under the supervision and guidance of senior scholars, in the Department of Politics & Society at the Faculty of Social Sciences, Aalborg University, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
July 01, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Political science|
– Public policy
– Political economy
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Department of Politics & Society|
Faculty of Social Sciences
|Contract Period||2 Years|
|Starting date||September 1 2021|
Applicants must demonstrate scientific qualifications equivalent to those achieved after the successful completion of a PhD scholarship, and applicants are assessed specifically on their qualifications as researchers.
- Experience with research related to migrant workers and/or labor market policy more generally is considered as an advantage.
- For this position we prefer applicants with a background in political science, sociology, public policy or political economy, with excellent skills in qualitative methods and basic knowledge in quantitative methods
Responsibilities/ Job Description
The successful candidate is expected to contribute to a collaborative research project of migrant workers in Denmark, and carry out research under the supervision and guidance of senior scholars.
How to Apply?
The complete application with enclosures is to be submitted online by using the “apply online” button above.
The application must contain the following
• Motivated application.
• Current CV.
• Complete list of publications.
• List of publications that the applicant wishes to be considered. A maximum of 5 publications may be submitted.
• Co-author statements in relation to publications written with other authors must be enclosed with a declaration from each of the authors, stating the extent of the applicant’s contribution to the total work. The declaration must be signed by the co-authors. Link to Template.
• Education (copies of documentation for degrees obtained).
About Department of Politics & Society
The Department of Politics & Society at The Faculty of Social Sciences invites applications for a postdoc position. The vacancy is associated with a project on occupational safety and working conditions for migrant workers. Research at the Department of Politics & Society is organized in four clusters and further divided into research groups. The successful applicant for this vacancy will be affiliated with the Institutions, Public Policy & Behavior cluster and a member of the Centre for Labour market Studies (Carma). Starting on September 1 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter, the position is open for appointment for a period of two years.
Appointment is in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities (the Appointment Order) and the Ministry of Higher Education and Science’s Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities. Salary is in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations (AC) on Academics in the State. Workplace is in Aalborg.
Associate professor Trine Lund Thomsen
Phone +45 9940 8330
Associate professor Laust Høgedahl
Head of Department, Michael Baggesen Klitgaard
Post expires at 8:59am on Friday July 2nd, 2021 (GMT+9)