Physical sciences – Postdoc position in Ultrafast Dynamics of Quantum Materials, at the department of physics, Aarhus University, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
June 01, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Physical sciences|
– X-ray science
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Department of physics|
|Contract Period||2 Years|
|Starting date||Sep 01, 2021|
Applicants should hold a PhD in the physical sciences.
- Applicants should have a strong background in X-ray science. Ideally with coherent imaging methods, soft X-ray absorption and diffraction. Experience with XFEL beamtimes is highly desirable.
- Candidates without X-ray experience but with a very strong background in ultrafast science are also strongly encouraged to apply.
- The candidate should be experienced with python or a similar programming language.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
You will be expected to lead our research efforts into nanoscale dynamics in quantum materials using X-ray lasers. We have recently demonstrated the femtosecond growth of light induced domains in a quantum material and you will build on these efforts to image more complex material.
To do this you will utilize resonant soft X-ray holography and coherent diffractive imaging. In addition, you will work strongly on time-resolved X-ray diffraction and diffuse scattering projects with our international collaborators.
You will also be expected to support XFEL beamtimes through experiments at synchrotron light sources, and femtosecond optical measurements performed in the lab.
How to Apply?
To apply, please click the Apply Online button mentioned above
The application must be in English and include
- Curriculum vitae
- Degree certificate
- Complete list of publications
- A statement of future research plans and information about research activities, teaching portfolio and verified information on previous teaching experience (if any).
Guidelines for applicants can be found here.
- Appointment shall be in accordance with the collective labour agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations.
- Further information on qualification requirements and job content may be found in the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff at Danish Universities.
- Salary depends on seniority as agreed between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Confederation of Professional Associations.
Associate professor Simon Elliot Wall
Post expires at 8:59am on Wednesday June 2nd, 2021 (GMT+9)