Postdoc Position in Photonic Integration is available at Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Aarhus University, Denmark. (Optical communications)
Deadline to Apply
Jun 02, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Integrated Photonics|
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering,|
|Contract Period||2 Year|
|Starting date||Aug 01, 2021|
Applicants should have:
- Ph.D. in the field of integrated photonics, or closely related
- Experience with integrated devices, such as laser diodes, modulators, switches and photodiodes, ideally on different technology platforms
- Experience with photonic design software
- Experimental skills, related to an optical lab
- The ability to work together in small teams, and the ability to take charge of their own projects
- Good communication skills, including writing and presenting, and very good command of the English language
- A solid publication track record, with publications relevant to the field
Responsibilities/ Job Description
Photonic integrated circuits are making an impact on a large variety of fields, including optical communications and quantum technology. Such technology is now readily available from commercial foundries, through, a.o., multi-project wafer runs.
For two ongoing research projects, we are looking for a postdoctoral researcher, to design, realize and experimentally characterize photonic integrated circuits.
Specifically we are looking into laser diodes for energy-efficient communication, and ultra-low loss optical switches for quantum technology.
You will be working synergetically with colleagues to achieve project goals. Close collaboration with external partners, within Denmark, is also foreseen.
How to Apply?
To apply, please click the APPLY ONLINE button mentioned above.
The application must be in English and include
- A curriculum vitae
- Degree certificate
- A complete list of publications
- A statement of future research plans and information about research activities
- Teaching portfolio and verified information on previous teaching experience (if any). Guidelines for applicants can be found here.
About Research project
The position is within the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Aarhus University. The Integrated Photonics and Nonlinearities Group performs research on photonic integration, in various technology platforms, for applications in sensing, communications, quantum and microwave photonics.
About the Department
- The group offers:
- a well-equipped optical lab, with state of the art infrastructure
- a strong track record of working in the photonics ecosystem, including foundries
- a supportive, experienced and fun environment, to help you get up to speed qui
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply, regardless of their personal background. Research activities will be evaluated in relation to actual research time. Thus, we encourage applicants to specify periods of leave without research activities, in order to be able to subtract these periods from the span of the scientific career during the evaluation of scientific productivity.
Letter of reference : If you want a referee to upload a letter of reference on your behalf, please state the referee’s contact information when you submit your application. We strongly recommend that you make an agreement with the person in question before you enter the referee’s contact information, and that you ensure that the referee has enough time to write the letter of reference before the application deadline. Unfortunately, it is not possible to ensure that letters of reference received after the application deadline will be taken into consideration.
Associate Professor Martijn Heck,
Post expires at 8:59am on Thursday June 3rd, 2021 (GMT+9)