Organic chemistry jobs – Postdoc position is available to organic energy materials in a broad sense, primarily to support our research in flow batteries, electrolysis and electrosynthesis (Power-to-X), in the Section of Electrochemistry, at DTU Energy, Technical University of Denmark
Deadline to Apply
Apr 05, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||Organic chemistry, Polymer chemistry, Materials science|
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Section of Electrochemistry, DTU Energy, Technical University of Denmark|
|Contract Period||2 Years|
As a formal qualification, you must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent). The degree should be in the field of organic chemistry, polymer chemistry, materials science or similar – preferably with an energy materials twist – and ideally with a strong interest in organic synthesis. The candidate is expected to start as soon as possible
We prefer applicants with a genuine interest in applied research combined with:
- Practical and theoretical skills in synthetic organic chemistry
- Practical and theoretical skills in characterization of small organic molecules and macromolecules (including NMR, GC, HPLC, rheology)
- Practical and theoretical skills in materials processing and formulation
- Practical and theoretical skills in electrochemistry and electrochemical characterization methods
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment in complex projects
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English
Responsibilities/ Job Description
Your work will be devoted to organic energy materials in a broad sense, primarily to support our research in flow batteries, electrolysis and electrosynthesis (Power-to-X). More specifically, you will be engaged in the synthesis and characterization of redox active organic molecules and ion conducting polymers. The work also includes mechanistic studies of degradation pathways, and development of degradation mitigation strategies at the molecular level.
We expect you to contribute to reaching the ambitious goals of the projects that you will be involved in, by closely collaborating with your colleagues and by sharing materials, knowledge and ideas. More specifically, your responsibilities and tasks consist of:
- Design, synthesis and characterization of redox active organic molecules and functional polymers
- Processing and formulation of materials
- Support device testing with definition of test conditions and stability studies
- Daily co-supervision of BSc/MSc/PhD students
- Contribute to idea generation and project proposals
- Dissemination and communication
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file.
- Application (cover letter)
- Academic Diplomas (MSc/PhD)
- List of publications
About DTU Energy
At DTU Energy it is our vision to be a world-leading cross-disciplinary research department within sustainable technologies for energy conversion and storage, and to enable a sustainable society through innovative technology development building on fundamental insights.
- The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union
- If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
Post expires at 8:59am on Tuesday April 6th, 2021 (GMT+9)