Postdoc position in Molecular Biology, Structural Biology, Aero-Microbiology, at the Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics at Aarhus University, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
June 30, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Molecular Biology |
– Structural Biology
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics|
|Contract Period||3 Years|
|Starting date||Sep 01, 2021|
- Applicants should hold a PhD degree in Molecular Biology /Structural Biology or related fields
- Qualifications within protein related molecular microbiology and structural studies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Capacity for interdisciplinary teamwork
- Ability to work on several parallel projects simultaneously
- Ability to work both independently and within a research team.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
The DRAMA consortium has a position opening at the Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics at Aarhus University for a postdoctoral researcher, who will be involved in structural and functional studies of Ice Nucleation Active (INA) proteins from bacteria (and other microorganisms) using cryo-electron microscopy (Cryo-EM) and other biophysical methods. We are looking for a talented and motivated Postdoctoral Researcher with a background in molecular biology, structural biology or related fields.
The selected applicant will work on research tasks in a project funded by a Novo Nordisk Foundation Interdisciplinary Synergy Programme grant (Deciphering the Role of Atmospheric Microbial Aerosols -DRAMA). The major tasks will include design of recombinant constructs encoding modified INA protein sequences, protein expression, purification and characterization, protein modelling, structural analysis using cryo-EM and functional studies as well as studies using fluorescent microscopy under both room temperature and cryogenic conditions of cells. Documented experience with expression, purification and characterization of ice-nucleation proteins and cryo-EM skills is a prerequisite.
How to Apply?
To apply, please click Apply Online button mentioned above
The application must be in English and include
- Curriculum vitae, degree certificate
- A complete list of publications
- A statement of future research plans and information about research activities, teaching portfolio and verified information on previous teaching experience (if any).
Guidelines for applicants can be found here.
About Research project
A postdoc position is available in connection to the research project “DRAMA” on Deciphering the Role of Atmospheric Microbial Aerosols.
About the Department
The PostDoc will be affiliated to the Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics.
The Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics is part of the Faculty of Natural Sciences, Aarhus University and comprises research within the areas of Gene Expression, Molecular Medicine, Structural Biology, Systems Biology and Plant Molecular Biology. There are currently 75 full time scientific staff and 120 PhD students. The department is responsible for two educations: Molecular Biology and Molecular Medicine with a yearly uptake of 160 students in total. Please refer to http://mbg.au.dk/ for further information about The Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics and to https://nat.au.dk/ and http://www.au.dk/ for information on Faculty of Natural Sciences and Aarhus University, respectively.
- Appointment shall be in accordance with the collective labour agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations.
- Further information on qualification requirements and job content may be found in the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff at Danish Universities.
- Salary depends on seniority as agreed between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Confederation of Professional Associations.
Cryo-EM Facility Manager Thomas Boesen
Phone: +45 28997699
Post expires at 8:38am on Thursday July 1st, 2021 (GMT+9)