Molecular Biology and Genetics – Postdoc position for cryo-EM studies of receptor complexes in neurons, at the Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics at Aarhus University, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
May 13, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Research area 1|
– Research area 2
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics|
|Contract Period||3 Years|
|Starting date||Sep 07, 2021|
The candidate must present a significant experience and strong track record in characterization of membrane protein complexes, protein production, the use of mammalian expression systems, handling of challenging sample preparation procedures, and the advanced application and trouble shooting of single-particle cryo-EM studies. Cryo-electron tomography may also become relevant to the project
Responsibilities/ Job Description
The position is part of a research program “molecular landscapes of brain” within the DANDRITE neuroscience center of the Nordic EMBL Partnership for Molecular Medicine.
The project is focused on complexes of FRMD7 and coreceptors in neurons to explain how direction sensitivity is established in vision, and how mutations in FRMD7 that are causative of congenital nystagmus interfere with this function. This is a project in close collaboration with Dr. Keisuke Yonehara at DANDRITE.
How to Apply?
To apply, please click the Apply Online button mentioned above
The application must be in English and include
- Curriculum vitae
- Degree certificate
- A complete list of publications
- A statement of future research plans and information about research activities, teaching portfolio and verified information on previous teaching experience (if any).
Guidelines for applicants can be found here.
- Appointment shall be in accordance with the collective labour agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations.
- Further information on qualification requirements and job content may be found in the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff at Danish Universities.
- Salary depends on seniority as agreed between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Confederation of Professional Associations.
Professor Poul Nissen
Danish Research Institute of Translational Neuroscience (DANDRITE)
Nordic EMBL Partnership for Molecular Medicine
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics
Mobile :+45 2899 2295
Post expires at 8:59am on Friday May 14th, 2021 (GMT+9)