Molecular biology and Biomedicine – Postdoc position in the field of experimental atherosclerosis in the Atherosclerosis Research Unit, in the Department of Clinical Medicine at Faculty of Health at Aarhus University, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
May 05, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Molecular biology|
|Salary||DKK 486,969.17 – 512,713.62 / Year|
|Workplace||Faculty of Health|
Department of Clinical Medicine
|Contract Period||3 Years|
|Starting date||Aug 01, 2021|
You have academic qualifications at PhD level within the cardiovascular field and a background in molecular biology or biomedicine
- Experience with experimental mouse models is required as is the necessary FELASA training to conduct animal experiments in Denmark.
- Surgical skills and practical experience with smooth muscle and immune cell cultures are considered advantages. As a person, you are ambitious, take ownership and possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
- We expect you to be fluent in oral and written English.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
As Postdoc in the Atherosclerosis Research Unit, your position is primarily research-based but may also involve teaching assignments. You will contribute to the development of the department through research of high international quality. In your daily work, you will work closely with colleagues on your project, where you will receive supervision and guidance.
Your main tasks will consist of:
- Independent research of high international quality, including publication.
- In vitro experiments on modulation and gene regulation in smooth muscle cells and their crosstalk with immune cell.
- Designing, planning and conducting mouse experiments using multiple DNA recombinases and target genes.
- Teaching in molecular physiology and in PhD courses on vascular biology.
How to Apply?
To apply, please click the Apply Online button mentioned above
Your application must include the following:
- Motivated application
- Curriculum Vitae
- A list of publications
- A teaching portfolio. We refer to Guideline on the use of teaching portfolios
- A maximum of five of the publications of greatest relevance to the job may be submitted
- Template for applicant – postdoc must be completed and uploaded under ‘Extra documents’
- Strategic research plan can be uploaded
- Coauthor statement(s) can be uploaded
- References/recommendations can be uploaded separately in the e-recruitment system
We refer to the faculty’s Guidelines for applicants.
About Research project
The research is part of the ERC funded project EXPLOSIA which investigates how smooth muscle cells and cells derived from smooth muscle cells contribute to atherosclerosis.
About Department of Clinical Medicine
As a postdoc at the Department of Clinical Medicine, you will be part of what is probably the largest health science research department in Denmark. Our clinical research covers all the medical specialities and takes place in close collaboration with the university hospital and the regional hospitals in the Central Denmark Region. We have approx. 30,000 square metres of modern research facilities for experimental surgery and medicine, animal facilities and also advanced scanners at our disposal. The department has overall responsibility for the Master’s degree programs in medicine and in molecular medicine. At the department we are approx. 425 academic employees and the same number of PhD students cooperating across disciplines. As a postdoc, you will be working on Aarhus University Hospital or another hospital in the Central Denmark Region. You can read more about the department here and about the faculty here.
Terms of employment
- Appointment as a postdoc requires academic qualifications at PhD level.
- Further information on the appointment procedure can be found in the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities.
- The appointment is in accordance with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations (Akademikerne).
- Remuneration is in accordance with the above, and the Salary agreement catalogue for staff at Health.
- The yearly base salary for a fulltime postdoc position with minimum 3 years of working experience after achieved MSc degree is DKK 486,969.17 or DKK 512,713.62 with minimum 4 years of working experience after achieved MSc degree. The base salary includes a position related supplement and pension (17.1 %). Additional supplement(s) for special qualifications can be negotiated. Authorisation supplemement(s) will be granted, if relevant for the position. Your local eligible trade union representative at Aarhus University negotiates your salary on your behalf.
- Researchers recruited from abroad are offered a special researcher tax scheme with a lower tax rate.
- Further information on qualification requirements and job description can be found in the.Ministerial Order on Job Structure for Academic Staff
Professor Jacob Fog Bentzon
Tel.: (+45) 93521562
Post expires at 8:59am on Thursday May 6th, 2021 (GMT+9)