Mathematics – Postdoc position in topological data analysis, at the Faculty of Engineering and Science, Department of Mathematical Sciences, Aalborg University, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
June 23, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Mathematics|
– Topological data analysis
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Faculty of Engineering and Science|
Department of Mathematical Sciences
|Contract Period||18 Months|
|Starting date||Sep 01, 2021|
- The selected candidate will hold a PhD in Mathematics or a related field and will have promising research results within Topological Data Analysis, Computational Topology or related subjects.
- This will require a strong background in Topological Data Analysis either theoretical or computational.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
We offer a postdoc position within the Department of Mathematical Sciences as part of the project “Deciphering Nanoporosity of Amorphous Materials using Topological Data Analysis”. The selected candidate will be conducting research supervised by Lisbeth Fajstrup and Christophe A.N. Biscio and in collaboration with the Department of Chemistry and Bioscience to find new topological descriptors of porosity.
The project to which the postdoc will contribute involves developing the theory of non-monotone and multidimensional persistence to describe variations of the free volume and in particular tunnels in amorphous materials and implementation of such insight as a tool.
How to Apply?
The applications are only to be submitted online by using the “Apply online” button above.
- A motivated text wherein the reasons for applying, qualifications in relation to the position, and intentions and visions for the position are stated.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Copies of relevant diplomas (Master of Science and PhD). On request you could be asked for an official English translation.
- Scientific qualifications. A complete list of publications must be attached with an indication of the works the applicant wishes to be considered. You may attach up to 5 publications.
- Dissemination qualifications, including participation on committees or boards, participation in organisations and the like.
- Additional qualifications in relation to the position. References/recommendations.
- Personal data.
About Department of Mathematical Sciences
The Department of Mathematical Sciences houses research in both mathematics and statistics and moreover three education programs, Mathematics, Mathematics-Economics, and Mathematics- Technology. Furthermore, several courses for programs in Engineering and Social Sciences are taught by the Department of Mathematical Sciences. Aalborg University is comprised of three campuses, Aalborg, Esbjerg, and Copenhagen. This position is in Aalborg.
Employment is in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities (the Appointment Order) and the Ministry of Finance’s current Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities. Employment and salary are in accordance with the collective agreement for state-employed academics.
Associate Professor Christophe Biscio
Phone: +45 9940 8925
Head of Department Søren Højsgaard
Phone: +45 9940 8801
Post expires at 8:59am on Thursday June 24th, 2021 (GMT+9)