Manufacturing Engineering – Postdoc position in Experimental Composite Big Area Additive Manufacturing, DTU, Department of Mechanical Engineering, in the section for Manufacturing Engineering, Technical University of Denmark
Deadline to Apply
May 19, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||Manufacturing Engineering|
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Department of Mechanical Engineering|
Section for Manufacturing Engineering
Technical University of Denmark
|Contract Period||2.5 Years|
|Starting date||Not specified|
As a formal qualification, you must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent).
Preference is given to a strong knowledge in fiber composite lay-up, automated fiber placement (AFP) and tooling hereof, as well as strong skills in mechanism design and CAD modeling.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
The general objective of this postdoc is to develop a tooling system that enables big area additive manufacturing of fiber reinforced thermosets. The tooling system will be develop with the intension to push state of the art in terms of print speed, geometrical accuracy, surface roughness, and interlayer strength.
The postdoc project will be carried out in close collaboration with a sister project dealing with the numerical aspects of composite big area additive manufacturing. In addition, the postdoc will be a part of a larger project called ThermoForm that aims at robotic 3D-printing of lightweight composite formwork for concrete structures. The project partners include DTU Civil Engineering and a number of industrial companies.
Your primary tasks will be to:
- Develop a tooling system for composite big area additive manufacturing
- Develop a mechanical system that can smoothen the surface of the printed structures
- Develop a mechanical system and/or printing approach that ensures interlayer strength
- Generate a dataset to validate the numerical model developed in the sister project
- Collaborate with the other project partners involved in ThermoForm
- Supervise BSc and MSc students, and co-supervise PhD students
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file.
- Application (cover letter)
- Academic Diplomas (MSc/PhD)
- List of publications
About DTU Mechanical Engineering
DTU Mechanical Engineering covers the fundamental engineering disciplines within Solid mechanics, Fluid mechanics, Coastal and Maritime Engineering, Energy systems and energy conversion, Materials and Surface Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Engineering design and Product development. The department has a scientific staff of about 135 persons, 100 PhD students and a technical/administrative support staff of about 80 persons.
- The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union.
- If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
Senior researcher David B. Pedersen
Associate professor Jon Spangenberg
Post expires at 8:59am on Thursday May 20th, 2021 (GMT+9)