Postdoc position in management of industrial digitalization, at School of Industrial Engineering and Management at KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
Deadline to Apply
June 15, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Industrial Engineering|
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||School of Industrial Engineering and Management|
KTH Royal Institute of Technology
|Contract Period||2 Years|
|Starting date||Not mentioned|
A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline (With some exceptions for special reasons such as periods of sick or parental leave, kindly indicate if such reason exists in your resume).
As a person, we like to see that you have and can demonstrate:
- Excellent ability to communicate both orally and in writing in English.
- Ability to work independently and collaboration skills
- A multidisciplinary background and interests,
- Awareness of diversity and equal treatment issues with a special focus on gender equality
- Both scientific skill and pedagogical ability
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency
Responsibilities/ Job Description
Established industries face major challenges in coping with ongoing technology shifts in combination with the transition to a more sustainable society. Emerging digital technologies enable new production logics, new forms of work, new value offerings, and new business models. This postdoctoral position focuses on the management of digitalisation within this industrial transformation.The postdoctoral position is part of the IRIS program, a multidisciplinary research initiative on sustainable industry and society, at the School of Industrial Technology and Management (ITM) at KTH. The employment is planned to be located at the Department of Industrial Economics and Management and to have an affiliation to one of ITM’s other departments.
IRIS revolves around knowledge creation and collaborations required to achieve the necessary transformation to a circular, and thus sustainable, industry. IRIS aims to contribute to zero emissions and an adaptable industry for a sustainable society, characterized by new product and service design, new materials, new business models, sustainable energy systems, recycling, reuse and re-manufacturing.
IRIS comprises the following four research areas, where the advertised postdoctoral position is included in area 1:
- 1) Industrial transformation through sustainable digitization
- 2) Integrated mechanics, components and material design, including additive manufacturing
- 3) Sustainable energy systems, infrastructure and companies
- 4) Innovation and entrepreneurship, ecosystems and infrastructure
IRIS is a stimulating, challenging, and strategic initiative to meet the UN’s global sustainability goals. We invite you to join our interdisciplinary team at KTH!
More information about IRIS can be found here: https://www.kth.se/en/itm/forskning/iris
The information for a postdoctoral fellow includes:
- To carry out innovative research and collaborations on industrial transformation within the framework of IRIS
- Presentations of research at conferences and meetings, as well as publication of research articles in high-quality journals
- Potential involvement in teaching activities, especially in developing new doctoral and industrial courses related to IRIS areas.
How to Apply?
To apply, please click button “Login and Apply” mentioned above
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- An account of (1) why you want to conduct research, (2) what research you propose on the management of industrial digitalization and which contributes to IRIS goals, and (3) how the proposed research relates to your previous research and future goals; maximum 2 pages long.
About KTH Royal Institute of Technology
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Works in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- Access to the IRIS research initiative on sustainable industry and society at KTH with several committed research groups
- An education and career development program for postdoctoral fellows, including courses (e.g. on doctoral student supervision and leadership) and mentorship
- Excellent conditions to take the first step in your path towards an academic or industrial career by providing strong partners for leading research results, international and industrial networks and mentorship
Mats Engwall, professor
Helena Lundquist, HR
Post expires at 8:59am on Wednesday June 16th, 2021 (GMT+9)