Postdoc Position in Chemistry – Organic Synthesis and Transition Metal Catalysis is available at The Interdisciplinary Nanoscience Center (iNANO), Aarhus University, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
Jun 11, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Organic Chemistry|
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||The Interdisciplinary Nanoscience Center (iNANO),|
Aarhus University, Denmark
|Contract Period||2 Year|
|Starting date||Oct 01, 2021|
- A PhD in organic chemistry.
- Postdoc experience is preferred.
- Expertise/experience in transition metal catalysis.
- Expertise/experience in handling air-sensitive compounds (Glovebox or Schlenk).
- Expertise/experience in flow chemistry and the equipment involved
- Expertise/experience in the synthesis of novel organometallic compounds.
- Expertise/experience in general organic synthesis.
Furthermore, applicants are expected to:
- Have strong corporation and communication skills.
- Have good command of the English language, both spoken and written.
- Be independent, capable of taking responsibility of the projects and working in a large team.
- Be in charge of maintenance and daily use of the glovebox.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
You are expected to contribute to the development of novel chemistry for the chemical breaking of strong molecular bonds. This chemistry will be applied to deconstruct commercial plastic products back to their monomeric building blocks, which can be used to reconstruct the original plastic.
How to Apply?
To apply, please click APPLY ONLINE button mentioned above.
The application must be in English and include
- A curriculum vitae
- Degree certificate
- A complete list of publications
- A statement of future research plans and information about research activities
- Teaching portfolio and verified information on previous teaching experience (if any). Guidelines for applicants can be found here.
- All interested candidates are encouraged to apply, regardless of their personal background. Research activities will be evaluated in relation to actual research time. Thus, we encourage applicants to specify periods of leave without research activities, in order to be able to subtract these periods from the span of the scientific career during the evaluation of scientific productivity.
- Letter of reference : If you want a referee to upload a letter of reference on your behalf, please state the referee’s contact information when you submit your application. We strongly recommend that you make an agreement with the person in question before you enter the referee’s contact information, and that you ensure that the referee has enough time to write the letter of reference before the application deadline. Unfortunately, it is not possible to ensure that letters of reference received after the application deadline will be taken into consideration.
Professor and Center Director Troels Skrydstrup
Tel: +45 28992132
Post expires at 8:59am on Saturday June 12th, 2021 (GMT+9)