Postdoc in signal processing, machine learning & instrument development for groundwater mapping is available at Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering, Aarhus University, Denmark.
Deadline to Apply
Jul 08, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Electrical engineering|
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering,|
Aarhus University, Denmark
|Contract Period||3 Years|
|Starting date||Aug 15, 2021|
- PhD degree in electrical engineering, physics, geophysics or similar
- Experience with signal processing and machine learning
- Experience with instrumentation development
- Programming experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience with transient electromagnetics or other geophysical methods is an advantage, but not required
- Excellent English skills, both oral and in writing
- A desire to work in an interdisciplinary research project
Responsibilities/ Job Description
The postdoc will be contribute to the research and development of both new instruments.
- Doing research, development, and implementation of novel signal processing and machine-learning algorithms related to the operation of the monitoring instruments
- Also participate in programming of instrument control and communication software, and will participate in instrument development, testing and field validation
- Investigate the electromagnetic and vibrational noise induced in TEM data by the drone, and will be doing research, development, and implementation of new signal-processing or machine-learning workflows to mitigate such noise
- Involved in programming of instrument control software as well as testing and field validation
How to Apply?
To apply, please click APPLY ONLINE button mentioned above.
The application must be in English and include
- A curriculum vitae
- Degree certificate
- A complete list of publications
- A statement of future research plans and information about research activities
- Teaching portfolio and verified information on previous teaching experience (if any). Guidelines for applicants can be found here.
About Research project
You will work closely with the other members of the research group and the external partners in the project. We therefore expect that you have strong communication and collaboration skills and are prepared to work in interdisciplinary research setting. The research is expected to lead to several journal papers and we therefore expected good dissemination skills documented through a strong publication track record. As a postdoc, you will have the opportunity to contribute to other on-going research projects in the group as well as opportunities to contribute to supervision of Masters and PhD students
The postdoctoral fellowship is funded by Innovation Fund Denmark. There is funding for 3 years of employment. For international applicants, Aarhus University offer help with relocation, housing and formalities
About the Department
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering. Electrical and computer engineering are closely related engineering disciplines that focus on the development of hardware and software for intelligent units and networks. This includes hardware at system and component levels as well as many different types of software for controlling electronic devices and networks.
- Letter of reference : If you want a referee to upload a letter of reference on your behalf, please state the referee’s contact information when you submit your application. We strongly recommend that you make an agreement with the person in question before you enter the referee’s contact information, and that you ensure that the referee has enough time to write the letter of reference before the application deadline. Unfortunately, it is not possible to ensure that letters of reference received after the application deadline will be taken into consideration
- Research activities will be evaluated in relation to actual research time. Thus, we encourage applicants to specify periods of leave without research activities, in order to be able to subtract these periods from the span of the scientific career during the evaluation of scientific productivity
Associate Professor Jakob Juul Larsen,
Tel: +45 41 89 32 73,
Post expires at 8:59am on Friday July 9th, 2021 (GMT+9)