Postdoc position in genetic innovation and genome regulation is available at Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Aarhus University, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
Jun 22, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Molecular biology|
– Molecular evolution or Bioinformatics.
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics,|
Aarhus University, Denmark
|Contract Period||3 Year|
|Starting date||Aug 15, 2021|
- A completed or nearly completed PhD degree in a relevant field, such as molecular biology, biochemistry, molecular evolution or bioinformatics.
- Deep scientific curiosity, creative aptitude and independent, positive drive
- Strong communication (English) and collaboration skills
- Experience with Drosophila organism genetics, high-throughput data analyses, transcriptome profiling, genome editing, genetic screening technology, proteomics or germline biology are all advantageous.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
- The successful candidate will work with our group to uncover new molecular concepts within our broader research area of in genetic innovation, genome regulation and germline biology of Drosophila.
- Throughout the employment the candidate will be supported in further developing career strategy and a complementary strong research profile.
How to Apply?
To apply, please click APPLY ONLINE button mentioned above.
The application must be in English and include
- A curriculum vitae
- Degree certificate
- A complete list of publications
- A statement of future research plans and information about research activities
- Teaching portfolio and verified information on previous teaching experience (if any). Guidelines for applicants can be found here.
About Research project
- Better understanding of genome biology is fundamental for progress in basic and biomedical research. In this efforts, most genetic research follows the well-supported logic of highly conserved genes being biologically important and therefore worth studying. We invert this logic and argue that young, rapidly evolving genes comprise an underexplored resource of exciting biological discoveries. We study such genetic innovation in the context of genome regulation, germline biology and intragenomic conflicts.
- To understand this biology, we apply a diverse range of methods including cutting edge genetics in both in vivo and cell culture Drosophila systems, CRISPR/Cas9-mediated genome editing, chemical genetics for time-resolved protein depletion, high-resolution microscopy, interaction proteomics and high-throughput sequencing for transcriptomic and genomic bioinformatic analyses. Several complementary approaches are pursued through on-going international collaborations.
About the Department
The successful candidate is offered:
- Engaged mentoring to develop and reach the candidates career goals
- Access to a well-developed research infrastructure
- An engaging research community inviting lively, open and critical discussion within and across different fields of research
- A working environment with teamwork, close working relations, network activities among young scientists and social activities
- All interested candidates are encouraged to apply, regardless of their personal background. Research activities will be evaluated in relation to actual research time. Thus, we encourage applicants to specify periods of leave without research activities, in order to be able to subtract these periods from the span of the scientific career during the evaluation of scientific productivity.
- Letter of reference : If you want a referee to upload a letter of reference on your behalf, please state the referee’s contact information when you submit your application. We strongly recommend that you make an agreement with the person in question before you enter the referee’s contact information, and that you ensure that the referee has enough time to write the letter of reference before the application deadline. Unfortunately, it is not possible to ensure that letters of reference received after the application deadline will be taken into consideration.
Erik Østergaard Jensen;
Post expires at 8:59am on Wednesday June 23rd, 2021 (GMT+9)