Postdoc Position in Food Biotechnology at the Functional Microbe Technology Group is available at the Department of Biological and Chemical Engineering, Aarhus University, Denmark.
Deadline to Apply
Jun 10, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Food microbiology or Biotechnology|
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Department of Biological and Chemical Engineering,|
Aarhus University, Denmark.
|Contract Period||2 Year|
|Starting date||Sept 01, 2021 or ASAP|
- An outstanding PhD in food microbiology or biotechnology, or in a related field.
- Candidates with experience in isolation and cultivation of food microbes, molecular techniques (DNA isolation, PCR, quantitative PCR, gene expression analysis), and with food systems will be preferred.
- Prior experience with single cell analysis and high-throughput screening will be considered positive.
- Applicants should be self-driven and capable of planning and conducting own research while collaborating closely in an international team.
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English language are essential, and candidates should have a good publication record with clear contributions as first author.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
- The aim of this project is to determine the structure-function relationship of antimicrobial activity of organic acids, and to develop fermentative systems that will enhance the bio protection of different food products.
- The research program will include the cultivation of aerobic and anaerobic microbes including pathogens, flow cytometry, fermentation in bioreactors, genomics and transcriptomics, and various analytical chromatography techniques
- The projects will be run with local and international partners
- The candidate is expected to contribute to project management, collaborate with PhD students and co-supervise bachelor and master students
- Participation in junior researcher development programs is supported.
How to Apply?
To apply, please click APPLY ONLINE button mentioned above.
The application must be in English and include a curriculum vitae, degree certificate, a complete list of publications, a statement of future research plans and information about research activities, teaching portfolio and verified information on previous teaching experience (if any). Guidelines for applicants can be found here.
- Letter of reference : If you want a referee to upload a letter of reference on your behalf, please state the referee’s contact information when you submit your application. We strongly recommend that you make an agreement with the person in question before you enter the referee’s contact information, and that you ensure that the referee has enough time to write the letter of reference before the application deadline.
- Unfortunately, it is not possible to ensure that letters of reference received after the application deadline will be taken into consideration.
- All interested candidates are encouraged to apply, regardless of their personal background. Research activities will be evaluated in relation to actual research time. Thus, we encourage applicants to specify periods of leave without research activities, in order to be able to subtract these periods from the span of the scientific career during the evaluation of scientific productivity.
Assoc. Prof. Clarissa Schwab (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Post expires at 8:59am on Friday June 11th, 2021 (GMT+9)