Postdoc position in Digital Learning, at School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
Deadline to Apply
June 18, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Digital pedagogy|
– Social sciences
– Media technology
– Human-computer interaction
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science|
KTH Royal Institute of Technology
|Contract Period||2 Years|
|Starting date||In agreement with supervisor|
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years before the application deadline (With some exceptions for special reasons such as periods of sick or parental leave, kindly indicate if such reason exists in your resume), in a subject relevant for the project.
- Relevant academic background is probably in one or more of the areas of digital pedagogy, social sciences, or technology. The postdoc’s focus presupposes an interest in development in digital learning, media technology, and human-computer interaction.
- Good knowledge of English in speech and writing is a requirement, as are documented pedagogical skills.
We are looking for a highly motivated person, has a clear interest in, and practical experience in developing digital learning. As a person, you appreciate practical challenges in the lab and are a good communicator who can coordinate information and expertise from several sources. You work well independently and in collaboration within different research group constellations and with end-users (Employments Agency’s clients). You are aware of diversity and equal treatment issues with a special focus on gender equality.
The nature of the research project means that good knowledge of Swedish in speech and writing is an advantage.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency
Responsibilities/ Job Description
We are looking for a person who wants to improve the world from a scientific basis. Together with the Swedish Public Employment Agency, the research group for Technology-enhanced learning offers a position as a post-doc for 1 + 1 years. The project will develop and evaluate online modules to increase the digital competence of the Employment Agency’s clients so that they become more independent in today’s IT society. The modules will be developed and evaluated together with the clients. Some teaching, max 20%, is included in the employment. A research challenge lies in determining where the line goes to digitally teach people to learn digitally and what must be learned in other ways.
The project is funded by the Swedish Public Employment Service and is a broad collaborative project with several public actors intended to increase both digital competence and digital trust and contribute to improving current and future e-services among the participating actors. If we succeed with this project, we will improve the quality of life for hundreds of thousands of people every year!
How to Apply?
Please use the button at the top of the page to reach the application form
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- A brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests, and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max two pages long.
About KTH Royal Institute of Technology
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international, and dynamic working environment
- Work in Stockholm, close to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- Work in an interdisciplinary department in media technology and interaction design
For information about the processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
Olle Bälter, Associate Professor
Josefine Palmqvist-Schultz, Project leader
Sarah Kullgren, HR-handläggare
Post expires at 8:59am on Saturday June 19th, 2021 (GMT+9)