CBMR Postdoc Job – Biology, Energy Homeostasis, Obesity Pathogenesis, Biotechnology, Neuroscience, Microbiology is available at Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Basic Metabolic Research, University of Copenhagen – Denmark
Postdoc in Energy Homeostasis and Obesity Pathogenesis
Deadline to Apply
Apr 19, 2021 (GMT+1)
No. of Position(s)
According to Standard Norms
Starting date : October 1, 2021.
- PhD in Biology or related sciences
- Excellent scientific track record in relation to career stage
- Strong background in rodent energy metabolism research
- Profound experience with surgery in mice
- Experience with mouse behavioural phenotyping is an advantage
- Basic understanding of neuroscience and pharmacology is an advantage
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and oral
The CBMR International Postdoctoral Program is open for applicants that hold a PhD degree awarded from a university outside of Denmark. The PhD degree has to be obtained before October 1, 2021. The program is also open for applicants with a Danish PhD degree who can document at least 12 months full-time research experience from outside Denmark. You are not eligible to apply for the program if you have been employed in a postdoctoral position for more than one year at the University of Copenhagen prior to the commencement of the fellowship.
The aim of this project is to identify and characterize new endocrine-like satiety signals that are secreted into circulation in response to experimental overfeeding in mice. We have established a mouse model of experimental overfeeding that enables us to dissect physiological and molecular defence mechanisms against overfeeding-induced weight gain. In close collaboration with the Schéele Group and the Deshmukh Group, the postdoctoral candidate will perform MS-based proteomics and peptidomics on tissues and media from cultured cells both obtained from animals undergoing experimental overfeeding. Following prediction of secreted factors and shortlisting of candidate signalling molecules, the next step is to functionally evaluate these in vivo and scrutinize effects on energy balance and animal behaviour. This research project heavily benefits from the unique interdisciplinary and collaborative culture at the Center.
How to Apply?
To apply, please click APPLY ONLINE button mentioned above.
- Cover letter expressing the motivation and previous research experience of the applicant (max 1 page)
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of the PhD degree certificate and the Master degree certificate. In case the PhD has not yet been completed, a written statement from the supervisor confirming it will be obtained before October 1, 2021 is acceptable
- List of publications
- References (name and contact details of at least two references)
About the project
The position available is in the Metabolism and Molecular Pharmacology Group headed by Associate Professor Christoffer Clemmensen. The Clemmensen Group studies the molecular and physiological underpinnings of energy homeostasis and behaviours linked to eating (e.g., see recent perspectives article). A closely related aim of our work is to develop new therapeutic strategies for the treatment of obesity and its metabolic co-morbidities. For this, we have established a diverse set of complementary experimental approaches, including dietary, genetic, surgical and pharmacological interventions in rodents. The rodent work is complemented by human intervention studies and cutting-edge medicinal chemistry and omics methods.
- Salary, pension and terms of employment will be in accordance with the agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and AC (Danish Confederation of Professional Associations). Depending on qualifications, a supplement may be negotiated.
- For further information about the position, please contact Associate Professor Christoffer Clemmensen at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions regarding the CBMR International Postdoctoral Program must be directed to email@example.com.
- The applicant will be assessed according to the Ministerial Order no. 242 of March 13, 2012 on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities.
Other Postdoctoral Positions
- MS, MS and PhD Programs – DGIST, South Korea
- Postdoc position in Cell biology, Denmark
- Postdoc position in Molecular Biology, Structural Biology, Aero-Microbiology
- Postdoc Position in Robotics, Engineering – Aalborg, Denmark
- Assistant professor or Postdoc position in Political Science, Denmark
Post expires at 8:59am on Tuesday April 20th, 2021 (GMT+9)