Postdoc Fellowship in Data Science is available at Department of Data Science Group, Institute for Basic Science, Daejeon, South Korea
Deadline to Apply
June 30, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||-Data Science|
|Salary||KRW 57,000,000 or above.|
|Workplace||Department of Data Science Group,|
Institute for Basic Science,
Daejeon, South Korea
|Contract Period||2 Year|
|Starting date||Sept 01, 2021|
- Ph.D. degree (or receive it soon) from an accredited university in a relevant discipline, such as computer science, statistics, statistical physics, computational social sciences, or a closely related discipline.
- Candidates should be Ph.D. degree holders by the appointment date.
- Research experience and thorough understanding of methods and concepts in machine learning and deep learning, particularly in natural language processing, computer vision, human-computer interaction, remote sensing, complex networks. We expect applicants to have leading authorship in publishing papers at top tier conferences and journals such as KDD, ICML, ACL, CVPR, AAAI, CHI, PNAS, Science, and Nature.
- Proficiency in computer programming using major programming languages
(e.g., high-level languages commonly used in the scientific community such as Python, R, and Scala, as well as related machine learning and deep learning tools such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, and scikit-learn).
- Effective communication, collaboration, and organizational skills. Leadership abilities in managing projects, mentoring other members of the group.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
Successful candidates for this position will be new or recent Ph.D. graduates with outstanding research potential in the fields of computer science and related fields of data science. Our research group strives to advance the data science research field via developing new ways of computing using machine learning and deep learning methods to analyze real-world data about society. Our projects leverage massive-scale datasets, computational models, and theories from sociology, communication, cognitive science, network science, econometrics, etc.
How to Apply?
Applications can be submitted via by clicking SEND E-MAIL button mentioned above.
For those who are eligible and interested, please submit your application package that includes:
- Curriculum vitae (CV) including the publication list (PDF format)
- Research statement (up to 2 pages, PDF format)
- A minimum of 2 recommendation letters
- PDF version of one key publication as the 1st or the corresponding author
We are required to obtain the user’s consent to collect and use personal information as a rule. This form will be sent out to candidates upon receiving applications.
- Interview dates for those invited will likely be in the second week of July 2021.
- For more information about the research group, please visit the following weblink: https://www.ibs.re.kr/ds
Personnel- in charge of hiring
Post expires at 11:59am on Wednesday June 30th, 2021 (GMT+9)