Postdoc Position in Computer Science – the Area of Operations Research and Algorithms Design is available at Department of Materials and Production, Aalborg University, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
Jun 27, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||One or more|
|Research Area||– Computer Science|
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Department of Materials and Production|
|Contract Period||2 Year|
|Starting date||Sept 01, 2021|
- PhD–level or similar scientific qualifications. The research potential of each applicant will be emphasized in the overall assessment.
- Candidates with a strong interest in interdisciplinary research at the intersection of computer science, operations research and mathematics.
- A background in machine learning or computational optimization together with good programming skills will be an advantage.
- Candidates with demonstrated project participation and clear research height in terms of Web of Science journal papers will be preferred.
- Appropriate candidates should have a PhD degree in either Operation Research, Mathematics, Computer Science or a related field.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
The position is within the Operations Research (OR) group at Aalborg University and the research is in a highly synergic cooperation with leading Danish and European companies and international academic partners. The OR group focuses on analyzing, modeling and solving decision problems primarily in the domains of manufacturing, transportation and defense. Furthermore, the group has a research focus on autonomous systems and scheduling and routing algorithms from areas such as automated guided vehicles (AGVs), mobile robots and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs).
As a successful applicant you will participate in education, academic and collaborative research activities in the group and with external partners. The research covered by the position will be within the core of the research group and the applicant’s profile should therefore address one or several of the areas of analyzing, modeling and solving decision problems.
How to Apply?
The applications are only to be submitted online by using the “Apply online” button above.
The application must contain the following:
- A motivated text wherein the reasons for applying, qualifications in relation to the position, and intentions and visions for the position are stated.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Copies of relevant diplomas (Master of Science and PhD). On request you could be asked for an official English translation.
- Scientific qualifications. A complete list of publications must be attached with an indication of the works the applicant wishes to be considered. You may attach up to 5 publications.
- Dissemination qualifications, including participation on committees or boards, participation in organisations and the like.
- Additional qualifications in relation to the position. References/recommendations.
- Personal data.
About the Department
The Department’s mission is to meet the future’s demands for new materials and production systems by directing the whole value chain from basic material understanding, materials’ applications in mechanical constructions, industrial production and management. The department has several strong, international and innovative research groups which comprise everything from basic science to strategic and applicable research. The activities encompass research as well as education within materials, mechanics, physics, production technique, and industrial management and innovation. As an employee at the Department, you will be part of an international research environment, where focus is on innovation, knowledge sharing/building and interdisciplinary collaborations.
- For further information concerning the application procedure please contact Human Resources by mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Information regarding guidelines, ministerial circular in force and procedures can be seen here
Professor MSO Izabela Ewa Nielsen,
Tel: +459940 7318
Post expires at 8:59am on Monday June 28th, 2021 (GMT+9)